Boat Arsonist Badly Burned

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ouch! Don't wish that on anyone.

Ted

He has great friends.....

I think they may have under estimated the combustion rate and of the accelerant, just a little.

How many hospitals did they drive past?

They were cleaning the boat. at 1AM. with gasoline and paint thinner. What were they thinking? Everyone knows acetone works better for cleaning.

and two of his bestest buddies when home to change their clothes.... passing no doubt more than two hospitals while their buddy was either passed out due the the pain or screaming he lungs out.

Hey be thankful the didn't shower too.

If he is an arsonist, he`s not the first burned by his own fire. He`ll be lucky, or on another view with those injuries, unlucky to survive the burns and likely infections.

At least five more than the two mentioned in the article. To be fair, Jackson Memorial is known to have the best Trauma Center in South Florida. If he had gone to Mariners Hospital, they would probably have put him on a helicopter and flown him to Jackson Memorial.

Feel sorry for an arsonist? NO WAY IN HELL. AND, let him rot there while his body decays.

I have absolutely NO sympathy for someone that intentionally cause damage to others, breaks the law and has NO compassion for others. Why should we have compassion for this AH.

Perhaps a better option would be to put a bullet between his eyes to be sure he never does this again.

Amen.

Without hands, I am guessing he cannot continue his career as an arsonist. He can get govt sponsored retraining for another profession. Maybe he can get a govt handicap allowance and a preferred parking sticker. Loses his feet, a govt supplied electric wheel chair. He will need that in prison.

No simplicity for criminals that hurt themselves.
Burned criminal was either passed out - most likely - or screaming. Probably in his lungs, too. Saw lot of burns from napalm. Quickly takes the fingers and ears. Almost always in the lungs. In my day most died with 40%. Pain must be intense.

Likely these three were less fortunate before this all began and for whatever reason, were doing a "job" for the owner.

Owner could yet be the winner, while these guys pay; big time.
Not justifying anything; just saying that's what it looks like to me.

No simplicity for criminals that hurt themselves.
Burned criminal was either passed out - most likely - or screaming. Probably in his lungs, too. Saw lot of burns from napalm. Quickly takes the fingers and ears. Almost always in the lungs. In my day most died with 40%. Pain must be intense.

3rd degree burns are not as painful as you would expect because the nerves are also destroyed.

Fire caused by friction! Insurance policy rubbing against the mortgage.

Lesson for all us be aware at All times of boats and activities around your own boat ....take action accordingly...on hard and at dock. Stay safe.

This doesn't make sense. Three guys to burn one boat and in the process catch themselves on fire that badly?

I'm guessing attempted gasoline theft that went awry. I've had to ask people at gas pumps to please extinguish their cigarettes dozens of times.

I'll take the opposing view of sympathy for the horrible suffering and loss of a young man. He's either going to have a long period of pain and suffering or he's going to die. I don't see either as a fit punishment for the crime. I can't look at it that way. I look at a human being who he or others made an incredible mistake in the process of an, at this point, alleged crime. Likely a move of desperation to start with. It's not just the three of them suffering either as I'm sure there is family having to see it.

I see this as a tragic accident and I have sympathy for those involved and their families. I also feel for those who lost their boats but those are material things, not life and death or health or limb.

B & B is right. Far too much schadenfreude on this thread.
Apologies for taking a word from another language but there is no English language word for it. And rightly so, broadly it means "deriving pleasure from the misfortunes of others".

I am not sure most of the others are getting pleasure as much as just stating no sympathy is warranted.

Last edited:
B & B is right. Far too much schadenfreude on this thread.
Apologies for taking a word from another language but there is no English language word for it. And rightly so, broadly it means "deriving pleasure from the misfortunes of others".

No need to apologize. Every culture 'import' words from other culture.
More than a few years ago, a highly placed French official, complained the French citizens were 'importing' too many English words.

Last edited:
I hope the police will be going after the boat owner who hired them as well. Insurance fraud is not a victim-less crime. Everyone pays for it!

I hope the police will be going after the boat owner who hired them as well. Insurance fraud is not a victim-less crime. Everyone pays for it!

And do you know that's what happened? Sounds possible but so do other possibilities.

Not with any certainty, but the arsonists must have had a reason, and the owner had been trying, unsucessfully, to sell the boat for a while......

If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom