FlyWright
TF Site Team

City: California Delta and SF Bay
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: Marshall Californian 34 LRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beekeepergreg View Post
Al,
What power are you pushing the Costco dingy with?
How are you mounting it?
We are not cheap--just frugal.
I assume the seat is mounted in the new Costco dingy.
Greg
I use a Merc 15HP, 2-stroke OB. It weighs 77 lb. I use a Garhauer lifting davit to lift the motor onto the transom mount and to tilt the dink vertically on the swimstep.

The photos below show the transom setup on the swim step with the motor on the transom mount (port corner), the dink on its float in my slip and the dink with seat saddlebags installed.

The dink lives most of its life on the float. When I want to take a ride, I just pull it off the float by its painters and position it at my swimstep. When I return, I drive up onto the float and step off the bow on the dock. As I step off, the boat and motor float clear of the water.

When cruising (i.e., not fishing) it rides well on the swimstep. If I wanted to fish with the dink on the transom, I'd need to drop the dink to a more horizontal position to allow fishing off the aft rail. I have not had to do that yet.

I bought the dink during the summer months when it was on sale for $480. Looks like its everyday price is $650.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dink on swimstep.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	161.0 KB
ID:	85265   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dink at night.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	85266   Click image for larger version

Name:	dink loaded.jpg
Views:	68