Old 02-10-2019, 06:00 PM   #10
Nomad Willy
Guru

City: Concrete Washington State
Vessel Name: Willy
Vessel Model: Willard Nomad 30'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Even Kiehl View Post
... too big a project for me, good for him, creative, economical, sweat equity, and might be probably good for the planet, guess it might be battery powered..
Just threw my hat into the Terminal Trawlers group, waiting for acceptance, weird name for what the group is...
No, It’s an old two cyl Evinrude 6 to 15hp (guess). He had a vid that was good with one of his kids on-board. But an inboard two stroke engine did make a bit of smoke. But the boat worked. I think he had vibration problems as the engine was bolted directly to the hull .. w the crankshaft in OB fashion .. vertical. And he used a fixed OB lower unit below the hull.
I would mount the engine typically w a long shaft fairly deep in the water clamped to the transom. I’d use a two stroke twin w twice as many power strokes. Making the stern bigger and more power 10-15hp would make it more trawler-like.
Kiehl I really like the converted boat on the cover (or home page) of Terminal Trawlers with the guy at the helm. Very nice. Post that if you can.
Eric

North Western Washington State USA
Nomad Willy is online now   Reply With Quote