Logs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I tried keeping separate deck and maintenance logs but I just don't think that way. So we keep on log with everything in it. I could not find a log that really fit so I made a form in MS Word using a table and then print blank paged for the binder. I had write information (engine hours at shutdown, fuel use computations, actual fuel fills and prices, maintenance, etc) and then periodically type it in the 'puter. I can later strip out the non-maintenance stuff if I need to.

Marty............................

Marin wrote:rwidman wrote:

The PO kept a log and I expected at least the maintenance part would come with the boat. It did not.
We did not get any logs or maintenance records other than the project description and final receipt for the new fuel tanks and plumbing the PO had had installed the year before we bought the boat. But one thing that has been very helpful is there is an owners or opertational manual on board for every single thing on the boat.* Elecronics, stove, even the shower discharge pump.* The boat also came with its original 1973 American Marine GB36 operators manual and the original engine operation, service, and parts manuals.* All have come in very handy over the years, and as we have upgraded systems and equipment we have continued the practice of keeping every manual---even if it's just a pamphlet--- on the boat in a set of 3-ring binders.

-- Edited by Marin on Thursday 26th of January 2012 01:06:33 PM

I did get the original manuals, installation instructions, etc. for all the equipment on the boat including the original owners manual.

KJ wrote:
Has anyone tried putting*your maintenance/ships log on an iPad or tablet?* KJ
*No.* But what we do have is a list on the computer of where everything is on the boat.* In other words, be it a can opener or a spare Lehman water pump, it is on a list my wife created spelling out exactly where it's stowed on the boat.* The list can be accessed either by item or by compartment and she updates it periodically.

Right now it's on our computer at home--- we keep a hard copy on the boat.* But we get our iPad3 in March or whenever it comes out, we'll put*her list*on that too as we will be taking that to the boat every time we go up where we rarely bother to take the laptop up there.

Back
Top Bottom