Ford Lehman 120 - Fitting Injector Lines

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hobbystuff

Vessel Name
Waves of Grace
Vessel Make
Universal 36
I ordered two replacement injector lines for my engine, as the #1 and #2 lines had been rubbing and have quite deep grooves.

The replacement lines are not quite the same shape as the old ones, any tips on how to bend the new ones to fit? Tools, techniques, hard earned lessons - all welcome.

Thanks in advance.

They should be close. Bending them a little by spreading ot pinching doesnt hurt to get the fitting in the right spot.

But you might have to thread them together with a iittle trial and error...mine interlocked and had to be put on together as there was no threading them when one as lready on.

They should be close. Bending them a little by spreading ot pinching doesnt hurt to get the fitting in the right spot.

But you might have to thread them together with a iittle trial and error...mine interlocked and had to be put on together as there was no threading them when one as lready on.

I'm sitting at home comparing the new ones to the old ones and they look quite different. Will take to the boat tomorrow and just have a good look at how much adjustment is actually needed.

If they are that different maybe they sent the wrong lines. Don’t destroy them trying to make them fit if they are that different.

If they are that different maybe they sent the wrong lines. Don’t destroy them trying to make them fit if they are that different.

Agreed. I'm going to hold judgement until I get alongside the engine tomorrow.

As long as the fittings are the same distance apart, they are OK......yes the bends are sometimes quite different and they look like completely different pretzels. :D

Check with them, AD.

My understanding is that the lines are pretzeled for a reason. Different line lengths may cause a slightly different fuel delivery on those cylinders. THe pretzeling makes all the lines the same, or very close, length even though the distance from injector to pump is different.

For all I know at this point though they may have decided the difference is so slight that it is not to be worried about.

Check with them, AD.

My understanding is that the lines are pretzeled for a reason. Different line lengths may cause a slightly different fuel delivery on those cylinders. THe pretzeling makes all the lines the same, or very close, length even though the distance from injector to pump is different.

For all I know at this point though they may have decided the difference is so slight that it is not to be worried about.

The lines must all be the same length. Any change in length will change injection timing. I would definitely make sure you have the right one before making any bends. They may have sent the wrong cylinder# or it may have been bagged wrong. I have seen parts in the wrong box more than I care to think about.

Back
Top Bottom