• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

For Sale: Off the Market-LUCY 50 ft Navy Utility Conversion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FF

Guru
LUCY our cruising boat for multiple AICW trips and Loop ( both left and right) is again for sale.

The last purchaser simply did not have the money. $29,900 US

Located Ortona, FL

As posted on Craigs list,https://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/boa/d/moore-haven-uniflite-navy50-conversion/6788443528.html with photos,

50ft US Navy Utility Boat super built construction .These boats were the backbone of the aircraft carriers. They would carry 150 passengers , or 10tons of cargo , night and day while in port.

This 1967 Utility was converted as a lobster supply boat , then to cruise the "Loop" a 6000 mile ride around the eastern USA.

As a supply boat in Maine she would go to the edge of the shelf and bring in lobsters and bring out what ever was needed . Built better than most commercial vessels our only maint. on the 6 month loop was oil changes.

The hull is fire retardant resin built before the resin costs soared and quality went down , no pox ever.

A Fwd collision bulkhead is intact and the boat could be inspected to carry passengers for hire.

The conversion maintains nearly 15 ft of aft open cockpit , which we cover with a patio awning as required.

The interior and exterior are paint with some wood trim , no teak to maintain and no" in the coffin" feeling when below.

The engine is a Detroit Diesel 6-71 with about 3,500 hours , it was stored in a can in a mountain till the mid 90s as War Reserve , and then installed in a boat. Transmission is a 3-1 Twin Disc , all the maint. books are aboard.

Keel cooled with a dry stack , requires no maint. 8 mph cruise under 3 gph , 12-13 mph 12GPH

An autopilot with remote , Flow Scan , and AM-FM radio make distances vanish.

2, 100G monel fuel tanks and a pair of switchable filters supply constant clean fuel

The Pilot house is about 10 ft deep and contains a great sitting couch area and a pilot chair .

Engine instruments , controls, autopilot, radios, compass and stowage are located here as well as doors P&S and windows that can be opened fore and aft and roof vents.

In the main cabin a propane SS range and large sink make galley work easy , as does pressure hot water.

An inverter and micro wave are installed.The boat is a 12V boat.

120G of fresh water in two tanks

There is lots of storage under dinette that seats 4 or 5 , and also a wet head.

The fwd cabin is low but a Queen sized bed with storage under is comfortable for sleeping or sitting and reading .
The PH , main salon and all have hatches for ventilation. Everything is very simple.

On deck there are multiple cleats , and dual bow rollers for the 60lb anchors that come with LUCY.

The capstan is hydraulic for both rope and chain.

Air Draft is about 12ft so bridges are seldom a hassle. Boat draft depends on loading under4 ft.

She is ready to perform what ever service you desire .

Last edited by a moderator:
Workboats rock. Keep the faith FF, your buyer will find you. Don't give it away.

Xbank,
It’s a great boat and a great engine.
I’d spend 3-$400 detailing ... or just plain cleaning.
But the actual problem may be a very inexpensive boat that requires (for most people) very expensive moorage. I love the boat but wouldn’t buy a 50’ boat because of the high cost of moorage.

I rebuild a WWII 50' launch about 1960. Wood hull, Grey Marine 671.

I think you're overpriced.

"I love the boat but wouldn’t buy a 50’ boat because of the high cost of moorage."

Slips in CT were always crazy expensive , even 30 miles up the river from the Sound.

25 years ago a slip for 33ft on the Sound was $4500 for the summer!

With the solar and propane reefer the boat can sit on a mooring , as we do in summers in expen$ive CT for $100 a month.

$100 gets dink space, parking ,water, pump out and dumpster.
Even on weekend its quiet on a mooring its calm and quiet , unlike the dock.

The reefer stays cold for about 3 weeks on a bottle of propane so the beer and ice cream are ready when you go aboard.

"I rebuild a WWII 50' launch about 1960. Wood hull, Grey Marine 671.
I think you're overpriced."

I'm sure if the boat was wood it would be overpriced , but it is built of fire retardant GRP...
Boats & Harbors often lists newly released Utilities for low $30,'s , these are open launches with Cummins not Detroit 6-71 engines.

Last edited:
I rebuild a WWII 50' launch about 1960. Wood hull, Grey Marine 671.

I think you're overpriced.

We have a general rule here to not chime in publicly on someone else’s classified ad with negative or unneeded info. If you feel the need a PM would be better.

Last edited:
Re-posted a while back, but forgot to repost the newaddress here. OOPS!

https://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/boa/6826434152.html

Anyone looking should know at the End of April , we bail out for cooler climes , so it will be November before the boat could be seen.''

A boat that never requires marina slip can be very economical to keep or cruise.

Last edited:
Great looking boat. Good luck with sale!

OFF THE MARKET , for now.

We are only a few days from wandering north to finish building our new summer cottage , so there realistically is not enough time for a sale to be completed.

Next November LUCY will go back on the market , although were looking forward to a last trip up the AICW , to sell her in New England.

As a 50fter built for two, there should be more demand as a working boat , that can overnight and cruise .

Last edited:
FF, I noticed that your ad stated it was keel cooled. Is that via a commercial grid cooler or an external pipe?

If she was in Australia I reckon she'd be sold in a heartbeat.

OFF THE MARKET , for now.

We are only a few days from wandering north to finish building our new summer cottage , so there realistically is not enough time for a sale to be completed.

Next November LUCY will go back on the market , although were looking forward to a last trip up the AICW , to sell her in New England.

As a 50fter built for two, there should be more demand as a working boat , that can overnight and cruise .

Where are you building your cottage?

FF," I noticed that your ad stated it was keel cooled. Is that via a commercial grid cooler or an external pipe?"

The keel cooling is done Maine style ,(2) 20 ft each lengths of 1 1/2 pipe down & back with (2) 90 deg elbows and a short nipple .

IN Maine or the Bahamas the coolant bounces between 165 and 180F , as the built in thermostats cycle.

"Where are you building your cottage?" Middletown CT.

After 4 years of buroRat insanity from zoning and planning we were finally given permission to tear down a 1930's cottage ,22x32 , no insulation and replace it with a similar sized modular.

Had I known , I would have worn a wire ,the constant lies and disinformation was amazing!!

The modular boxes are in place on a new crawl space foundation , water , sewer and electric next .Raising the old (10year) porch ,to the new building height or building a new porch is still up in the air.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom