Any Hatteras 52 CPMY owners out there...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sevo

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
It’s About Time
Vessel Make
Ocean Alexander 450 Classico
who can tell me what the draft of these boats is? Sales brochure says 4'5" but the ones on YW that include that info list it as 5'2" or 5'3". I'd be using this as a boat for the Loop and the Canadian canals are effectively limited to 5' draft, so these few inches matter. I suspect the discrepancy is the difference between the design spec and the actual draft of a loaded boat, but don't know for sure. If it turns out the real draft is more like 4'5ish then I can keep these boats on my shopping list.
Thanks,
David

5’2” is the number I’ve seen, but I would call Hatteras to be sure. They’ve been extremely helpful anytime I’ve called them.

When we did the TST, the depth limit was 6’. Over 5’ draft you were required to sign a damage waiver.

I’m also sure the factory could help you.

I will add that when I was working for a Hatteras dealer, I got to learn a bit more about that specific boat. This was around 1990. They were a real quality boat at that point in time - doing things like two struts instead of one, full piano hinges on the doors instead of 2 or 3 hinges, etc. If you don’t mind a painted boat, it should be a great boat.

Good Luck

Thanks to all. I’ve left a voice mail with someone at the company, hoping for a call back. Dave that’s useful info about the Trent Severn. I think I’d read something like that before but I couldn’t remember the particulars. Thanks. I recently went back through all the wake crossings posted in the AGLCA newsletter for the past year, and somebody did the Loop in a Hatt 55, so I would think a 52 should make it.
David

On the Loop and it's offshoots,air draft is the bigger issue. Our Hatteras 56my had a hydraulic radar arch for that very reason.

My bad, I meant TSW (Trent Severn Waterway).

I'd say this is a lot of boat for that mission, not to say its not possible, but certainly not ideal in addition the 2 stroke Detroit diesels aren't the quietest or best at slow speeds for long periods. Just my 2 cents.

n addition the 2 stroke Detroit diesels aren't the quietest or best at slow speeds for long periods.

Thankfully, the 8v92Ti Deroits on our Hatteras 56MY didn't get that memo.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom