Winter has arrived in PNW.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
man, that sucks. It appears the coast got all the snow. We are full green on the lower Columbia.

Crusty was hoping to get the chance to shovel a dock again.....

man, that sucks. It appears the coast got all the snow. We are full green on the lower Columbia.

Crusty was hoping to get the chance to shovel a dock again.....

Oh no he wasent, that’s why we are spending the winter here in Vegas.
Hopefully, that snotty weather will be gone when we get back to the boat in a month.

Not much snow here but very cold (in the teens overnight) and NE wind (40 gusting 75 last night). Bloody frigid!:nonono:

We received about 7 inches of the gift in Port Angeles. First snow of the season. Hopefully the last. :nonono:

I agree it is bloody COLD.

Wifey B: Everyone here wearing their winter coats. Going down to 65 degrees tonight. :)

We have 6 more days of 70* weather before we head back north. I just checked the weather forecast for the coming week and it's mid-20's in the daytime and mid teens at night.

I already know how much that sucks. Maybe next year my Galley Wench will listen to me when she asks the most stoopid question of the year: "When do you think we should fly back north?"

I told her around mid April. Oh, nooooo, she couldn't be down here that long.

Now she's thinking maybe she really could be down here until April.

Yep, a bit frosty around the edges for a couple more weeks. Probably end up being one of the colder Feb's in a long time. Bring on the global warming!

Well we cant drive on it but Shelter Bay is froze over today with the low of about 16F. Ice out to the ends of the docks.

...and it appears we will have another dose Friday/Saturday. I was looking forward to a 3-day boating weekend, but Windy (ECMWF) is predicting 45 knot gusts in the islands for a good chunk of Saturday. We will be staying home.

Snow has begun again, about an inch of new right now and forecast for more, amounts unknown. Bring on the global warming!

Temps dropped to 29 and it is snowing on the lower Columbia River. Residence of the People's Republic of the City of Portland are freaking out!!!

For a liveaboard snow is a delight.

It adds extra insulation , and sound reduction , and a quick look at the deck will show areas that are heat leaks , and where the boats insulation is working.

No snow shovel, a stiff broom will clear walking areas.

Winter in Maine started two months ago. There's a saying here that we have ten months of winter and two months of damn poor sledding. Not entirely accurate.

Our Sunday morning return flight to WA may be cancelled. The airport we're flying in to is closed right now because they can't keep up with the snowfall. It's coming down faster than the plows can shove it off. The airport says they will open some time tomorrow morning but at this point they don't know when.

I've already picked up the rental car so I hope the flight goes as scheduled.

The Bob Seger concert at the Tacoma dome was postponed (cancelled) for tonight. From what the venue is saying the decision was because the state and local govt requested the rescheduling because of the conditions in Tacoma and so many people were travelling from other ares for the concert. Worked for us since we had already decided to forgo the show and figured we would lose the money. Hopefully the new date is free on our schedule.

Back again it is. Daughter in Nanaimo has 8", snowing here and breezy, more on the way tomorrow.

37C predicted here tomorrow :).40C in the western suburbs:)eek:),no sea breeze there. I`ll be cowering in the a/c.Normal cycle, not reverse/heat.

Last edited:
Wifey B: Bitter cold here in SC where we are most of this week. High only 64 tomorrow. Tuesday is the only day over 70 and nights are in the 40's. Wow. Too freaking cold. :eek:

I'm -2F right now with 10 inches of snow on the way tomorrow, I'll post a few pictures if that will cheer anyone up.

Greetings,
Mr. 53. Only 10"? Yup that should cheer up the weenies in the PNW...

Ms. WB.."Bitterly cold"?....."40's"?

200.webp

Back
Top Bottom