• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

Bering 65

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Where would you if you owned this boat?

• The Grenadines

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • French Riviera

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Mediterranean Sea

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • British Virgin Islands

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mynamaste

Vessel Name
Namaste
Vessel Make
Bering 65
This Bering 65 is a rugged and classic-looking steel-made hull expedition trawler (also known as full-displacement boats) capable of any ocean crossing. Due to the high displacement levels (106 tons), it is a boat that burns 8 gallons per hour and cruises at 8 knots. However, its weight and hull shape give impressive stability in pretty much any sea and weather condition, which makes it a perfect boat for any type of expedition or even spending nights anchored in any bay.

Custom built

Excellent condition

Current Location: Port Louis Marina St. George's, Grenada

Technical Specs
Length (LOA): 65'
Waterline Length (LWL): 57' 4"
Beam: 19' 7"
Draft (Full load): 6'1"
Displacement (Full load): 235,900 lbs
Gross Tonage: 83GT
Bridge Clearance (Height): 32'8"
Cruise Speed: 8 knots
Fuel consumption: 8 GPH at 8 knots
Max speed: 10 knots
Fuel consumption: 25 GPH at 10 knots
Engines: Twin 265 hp John Deer 6068AFM75 gas sterndrive
Hours: 2500 hours
Fuel: 4,500 gal
Water: 400 gal
Grey water: 260 gal
Black waer 260gal

Asking price: US$ 1,850,000

All info and pics:
https://www.mynamaste.vip

Send me a message for more info!

Very nice; amazing low fuel consumption for a vessel that size.

How is it 83GT and 230,000 lbs? Something doesn't add up.

And what's a "gas stern drive"

How is it 83GT and 230,000 lbs? Something doesn't add up.

Tonnage is supposed to be a measure of useable interior space in cubic increments on USCG documentation. The other is the weight of the water the vessel displaces which is the weight of the vessel.

Ted

Your post says it has twin John Deere 6068AFM75s but your web site says twin Cummins QSL-9s. So which is it?

Tonnage is supposed to be a measure of useable interior space in cubic increments on USCG documentation. The other is the weight of the water the vessel displaces which is the weight of the vessel.

Ted

Yes, I understand the difference. I've just never seen the GRT be smaller than the actual displacement. It's usually the other way around because GRT includes hull volume above the waterline.

Actually, as I think about it, wouldn't it be impossible for a boat to float if the GRT were less than the displacement?

Yes, I understand the difference. I've just never seen the GRT be smaller than the actual displacement. It's usually the other way around because GRT includes hull volume above the waterline.

Actually, as I think about it, wouldn't it be impossible for a boat to float if the GRT were less than the displacement?

GRT isn't weight, its volume (cubic feet). One ton is equal to 100 cubic feet of storage.

Tonnage

Ted

He didn't say GRT. He said GT, I'm assuming ITC. GT is less than GRT.

He didn't say GRT. He said GT, I'm assuming ITC. GT is less than GRT.

All usually different. Much closer than the boat I run but GRT is GT. Displacement is weight of the boat, GRT or Gt refers to Gross tonnage (volumetric calculation of certain interior spaces).ITC is International Tonnage calculations (different formula than U.S ).

My work boat displaces 970 tons or so. ITC is 800 plus . GT or GRT is 198. Loop holes (many since closed) when built, got these boats under 200 GRT for manning purposes. "lightning holes", or Tonnage doors provided the necessary ways around these laws. Most are closer together but GRT, ITC have almost nothing to do with weight. Volumetric calcs only.

All usually different. Much closer than the boat I run but GRT is GT. Displacement is weight of the boat, GRT or Gt refers to Gross tonnage (volumetric calculation of certain interior spaces).ITC is International Tonnage calculations (different formula than U.S ).

My work boat displaces 970 tons or so. ITC is 800 plus . GT or GRT is 198. Loop holes (many since closed) when built, got these boats under 200 GRT for manning purposes. "lightning holes", or Tonnage doors provided the necessary ways around these laws. Most are closer together but GRT, ITC have almost nothing to do with weight. Volumetric calcs only.

No, GT and GRT are two different measurements. GT is measurement used by STCW and GRT by USCG. GT used by most of Europe and also term used by ITC. This boat is not in the US.

GT is always less than GRT as GT is just the enclosed spaces. Many European boats will leave something with a small opening just to get it not to count toward the measurement and keep it below a cutoff level.

GRT is not used now anywhere outside the US. US Captain's licenses use GRT but then STCW endorsements are based on GT.

Back to the OP and his 83 GT looks quite normal for his boat. It is also the number straight off Bering's website.

Now, none of these, as you state, have anything to do with weight.

3. TONNAGE MEASUREMENT SYSTEMS
There are two basic tonnage measurement systems presently available in the United States, namely the Convention and Regulatory systems. The primary system is the Convention or international system, which is derived from the provisions of the International Convention on Tonnage Measurement of hips,
1969, to which the United States is a party. The Regulatory or national ystem has three subset systems, namely Standard, Dual and Simplified. The Standard is the oldest system, dating back to the 1860's, and is based on the British “Moorsom” system. Dual measurement was developed in the mid 20th century to benefit shelter deck vessels by providing alternatives to fitting them with tonnage openings. The Simplified system was initially authorized by Congress in 1966 for recreational vessels to reduce the measurement cost burden for owners and the measurement workload on the government. Later, the Simplified system was extended to certain commercial vessels. Convention tonnage is dimensionless and expressed as GT ITC (or simply GT) for gross tonnage and NT ITC (or simply NT) for net tonnage. Regulatory tonnage is calculated in units of register tons of 100 cubic feet per ton and expressed as GRT for gross register tons and NRT for net register tons.

And if you want to read more, which I can't imagine anyone would,

https://www.dco.uscg.mil/Portals/9/...ied Measurement.pdf?ver=2017-06-09-123757-680

It's sad, but I actually did read that USCG document.

The half joking point I was trying to make earlier is that the volume measurement below the water line is also the displacement measurement. That's based on the paper Archimedes wrote some time ago. So if the GT or GRT measurement includes any volume above the waterline, then it has to be larger than the displacement or the boat will sink. Add to this that GT measurements credit you 100 lbs per cu ft, where anything over 67 lbs/cu ft will sink.

It's a conundrum on the surface (pun intended), but I'm sure explainable in the minutia of measuring the boat.

Another way to look at it is that WOW, steel sure is heavy.

The half joking point I was trying to make earlier is that the volume measurement below the water line is also the displacement measurement. That's based on the paper Archimedes wrote some time ago. So if the GT or GRT measurement includes any volume above the waterline, then it has to be larger than the displacement or the boat will sink. Add to this that GT measurements credit you 100 lbs per cu ft, where anything over 67 lbs/cu ft will sink.

It's a conundrum on the surface (pun intended), but I'm sure explainable in the minutia of measuring the boat.

GRT at least includes all deck areas of a boat, but the techniques that allow one to reduce the GT ITC by leaving an area open on a recreational boat, much like getting a boat under the magical length in Europe are used everywhere. So, you'll see two boats and boat A is definitely bigger than boat B but has lower GT simply because they left an opening.

I was looking for " The world " in the pole but didn't see it. If I had that vessel, I would have the means to take her everywhere, I assume.

I don't know in USA but one example our former Long-cours.62 GT was

42.25 our displacement 33T, but we own lot of boat where our GT was smaller than our displacement ...Don't forget GT is in "tonneaux" (it means 2,832 m3) and displacement is in m3 "tonne" (1000 kgs in fresh water)

The loopholes may still exist. The USCG measures tonnage from stem to rudder post.

In NYC the dinner cruise boats build the rudder post 15 -30 ft inboard from the stern , to use low cost 100Ton captains.

I see that the broker never replied back. It was first post. Some forums don't allow you to even make a for sale thread until you have 10 posts.

I see that the broker never replied back. It was first post. Some forums don't allow you to even make a for sale thread until you have 10 posts.

And the website now says it's under construction and tells you to check back.

On their profile , has a phone number in SF Bay Area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom