View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 04:51 PM   #19
mod45
Veteran Member

City: Delray Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceK View Post
A broker can`t possibly represent both parties in negotiations due to conflict of interests.
You should ask yourself, had you made a sale agreement at your price, would you have sought a reduction for defects found at survey. If so, wouldn`t that have also reduced the net $ to the seller, starting on a lower base?
In some cases I think it's true they can't represent both parties, but in this scenario I think he could have. He had a strong offer in hand and the sellers knew about it, I just had to submit an offer that netted the seller more. The broker would have made 50% more commission had my deal been accepted, so it certainly seems like he would have preferred for it to go through unless there is information I'm not aware of.

Regarding the sales agreement, that's the entire point of the thread. I identified the items that needed to be fixed before the survey and submitted a lower offer with the intentions of not modifying for any survey findings. He seemed to think that the other offer wasn't going to adjust for survey items which it ultimately did - by a lot according to my contact.
mod45 is offline   Reply With Quote