Where to keep a 19’ boat for a few days - Stuart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

k9medic

Vessel Make
420AC Sea Ray
I will be dragging a 19 foot boat over to the Bahamas with me the first week of March.

Last year I drove the boat behind me the entire trip. This was not bad but obviously took a little bit of additional work.

As part of the planning process I have thought about trailering the boat down to Stuart and leaving it there while I bring my big boat around from the West Coast of Florida.

Maybe move the little boat down and put it in the water sometime during the last week of February. I would then re-link with the boat on 3 March and head over.

I’ve contact Sailfish marina to see what it would cost me. Right now it would run me about $30 per day to keep the boat there until I got over with the bigger boat.

Does anybody have a suggestion on someplace that might be cheaper in the area?

Call Dean at Fort Pierce City Marina. I talked to him last year about doing the same thing. We didn’t, but he gave two nice options. The boat would have been on a trailer.

How long is a few days?

Once you get to the east coast, will you have a vehicle to put the boat in the water at a ramp?

One option that comes to mind is look at non marine places. Most self storage places have outside spots for trailers and RV's. Or an RV storage place. Depends on if you have a way to get the trailer to the water, but in my mind if you could move away from the water - much cheaper to park a trailer.

I’m thinking about 4-5 days for me to get around to the east coast.

It would have to be someplace on the water though since I won’t have a vehicle.

Back
Top Bottom