View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 11:23 PM   #28
Peter B
TF Site Team

City: Ex-Brisbane, (Australia), now Bribie Island, Qld
Vessel Name: Now boatless - sold 6/2018
Vessel Model: Had a Clipper (CHB) 34
Women!

You said it Doc, but I thought y'all might get a laugh out of this wee story.
Sort of confirms something your wife said in her defense, and get us back on thread.

A couple of years ago, my wife and I were away on a short weeks break at a timeshare in New South Wales. One day we set out to do some bush-walking, so both went in jeans we had bought new not long before. After we got back to the unit and we were changing, I just happened to comment how well-fitting the new jeans were. "Sort of 'slinky' and supportive"...are the words I think I used, adding.."but I could have sworn the pockets were deeper the last time I wore them, I can hardly fit anything into them".
My wife walked over, tugged at the label and shrieked.."those are my jeans you've been wearing you idiot!"...so while not saying a heap re my wife's figure I guess, 'cause she'd not noticed she had been wearing mine...it does sort of exonerate Doc's wife - their pockets are pathetic, and a card could definitely fall out.

I might add, that if the subject ever comes up these days we fall about laughing - all I have to do is make reference to "those shallow pockets" and we nearly wet ourselves...

-- Edited by Peter B on Saturday 28th of January 2012 01:24:55 AM

-- Edited by Peter B on Saturday 28th of January 2012 01:26:39 AM
Peter B is offline   Reply With Quote