Vacuflush Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Arthurc

Guru
Vessel Name
Sea Bear
Vessel Make
Kadey-Krogen 54
Any idea what the white box is in the back of the vacuflush unit? I found that my system wasn’t pumping so I was looking through it and wiggled the box and it started pumping. Wondering if it’s a sensor, or relay, or?
Any advice would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 413F8820-6827-49C2-ACDE-DFBBFEAAF04E.jpg
    413F8820-6827-49C2-ACDE-DFBBFEAAF04E.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 59
The manual says it is a Vacuum switch.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-27 at 6.14.34 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-01-27 at 6.14.34 PM.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 51
Hmm looks like it’s got a problem, hopefully it’s serviceable with limited mess :)

Looks like it has an adjustable knurled knob on the switch mechanism under the cover, maybe just a little cleaning and adjustment to make it work.

Surely this company in Seattle can help you ......... :thumb:

Good Luck!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-27 at 6.30.43 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-01-27 at 6.30.43 PM.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 49
Vacuum switches fail occasionally. First look for loose or broken wire. You can try adjusting but since they come from the factory preset it’s not likely that it’s an adjustment issue. The good news is that it’s any easy non messy swap. Bad news, it’s not a cheap part.

I’ll take a costly part versus a messy job on this system!

Had this issue with vac switch, try contact cleaner between the two contact points or fine sand paper to clean it up if that does not work it is very simple 2 wires and a few screws to replace it

Hello new member. do not tamper with the switch .it can damage the rest of your system if it builds too much vacuum, IT can cause damage throughout pump, the duck Bills ,Etc
Check your power connections if they are fine and you are able to hit it to activate it. It is simply replaced by four screws and not messy at all. my recommendation to replace it if it's faulty not try to adjust it. More than likely it is a power source problem as the switches do not fail very often.

Vactech
Welcome, your technical advise will be greatly appreciated by all.........:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom