Women!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Doc

Guru
Bless their hearts but they are just different.* A true story.

Yesterday my wife called home in a panic because she had lost a credit card while out and about. She got gas, picked up the dog from the beauty shop, etc.

What "might" have happened she said was that after paying for her gas she stuck the credit card into her pocket instead of putting back in her purse. After backtracking for about an hour she found it at the gas station. Someone had turned it in. She called me and I gave her a stern lecture about always putting the credit card back into her purse rather than putting in her pocket.

When she got home I said "I hope you have learning something from this". She said that she had*and she stopped on the way home and bought a new purse.

-- Edited by Doc on Thursday 26th of January 2012 08:39:13 AM

In defence of the fair sex, did you get a look at Arizona governer Jan Brewer telling the Messiah where to get off?
biggrin.gif

ancora wrote:
In defence of the fair sex, did you get a look at Arizona governer Jan Brewer telling the Messiah where to get off?
biggrin.gif
Yes as a matter of fact.* Just as ignorant as the jerk last year in the house.* I'm not saying she may have had cause but there is a time and place for everything.* But then again I wouldn't expect you to understand that.

charles wrote:

JD, read what Obama said to her to get the ball rolling. NOT as you think
SAME thing happend when he visited Louisiana and our governor. SAME thing, he started it.

Charles there is no need for you to scream your words with caps.* Really, but I do love the "he started it" routine.* That's grown up.*
*After reading this report it seems the the President didn't want to talk about what she wanted to talk about.*** I didn't know it was up to the Gov. to decide what the President talked to them about.* I'll have to remember that the next time I meet with one.

Here is a direct quote.

"The Arizona Daily star reports that Brewer said she wanted to talk to the president about jobs and the economy, but he changed the subject to her new book Scorpions for Breakfast.

Brewer said President Obama was "disenchanted" with the way a 2010 meeting between the two at the White House was portrayed. According to the AP, in the book Brewer writes that President Obama lectured her on her immigration policy.

"I felt minimized to say the least," Brewer writes in the book.

Brewer says she told the president she was sorry he felt that way about the book. In an interview with Channel 12 in Phoenix, Brewer defended her book saying her account of the meetings with President Obama were "factual, truthful."

Still, she said, "I was not hostile."

The Arizona Republic got this explanation from the White House:
<blockquote class="edTag">
"The governor handed the president a letter and said she was inviting him to meet with her. The president said he'd be glad to meet with her again, but did note that after their last meeting, a cordial discussion in the Oval Office, the governor inaccurately described the meeting in her book."

In an interview with Fox News, last night, Brewer was less diplomatic. She called the talk a "terrible encounter" and called the president "thin skinned."

"I want our borders secured. I want our nation protected. He wants amnesty," Brewer said. "We're never going to agree. I don't know why he was surprised by my book.""

The whole article is below.* So she* then went on FOX News and was less diplomatic.* Maybe she is wanting to get into the debates between the two buffoons. Seems she will fit.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2012/01/26/145889330/arizona-gov-brewer-says-she-was-not-hostile-in-meeting-with-obama

JD wrote:

*** I didn't know it was up to the Gov. to decide what the President talked to them about.* I'll have to remember that the next time I meet with one.

*This is still a free country. Obamma is not a King or Emperor.

Any meeting between two people both have the right to dialog or not.

*He walked away.

There you go.

SD

skipperdude wrote:JD wrote:***** I didn't know it was up to the Gov. to decide what the President talked to them about.* I'll have to remember that the next time I meet with one.**

*He walked away.

There you go.

SD
*I agree it is a free country.* I'm not the one that brought it up.* It was brought up by the pot stirrer and then my comment was refuted by someone else.**But he is the President and*some things have some protocol.* As in a meeting in your bakery between you and your employees, you set the agenda they do not.* True they do not have to attend or*listen to you but I'm betting they will not be getting a pay check there any more either if they don't.

As you said he walked away so no big deal.

yeah but when is protocol used.

Arn't there state's rights. Was he or was he not on her turf so to speak.

He is not her boss. Both are elected officials.

I wonder what protocol was in effect?

SD

What's all this got to do with my wife's new purse?

Did she point her finger at you when she told you she bought it?

SD

JD wrote:***** I didn't know it was up to the Gov. to decide what the President talked to them about.* I'll have to remember that the next time I meet with one.**

*JD, the way that I look at it is that they are both elected officials. *She works for the people of Arizona. *Obama *works for the people of the US. *It seems she wanted to talk about a substantive issue, and he wanted to get something personal off his chest. *He is suing the state of Arizona. *It is pretty obvious that they don't see eye to eye. *However, personal business should not enter into it, but we all know that it does. *There should be an adult in the mix somewhere.

Obummer works for the people of the U.S.? Now that's a good one, wish I'd thought of it.
biggrin.gif

Doc wrote:
Because your wife is writing a book about the motivations for buying purses.* She obviously thinks you were wrong to lecture her about losing her credit card when you obviously don't even begin to comprehend the connection between this and buying*a purse.* While you and she will never see eye to eye on this, this does not mean that you have the right to lecture her about her area of expertise.

Marin wrote:Doc wrote:
Because your wife is writing a book about the motivations for buying purses.* She obviously thinks you were wrong to lecture her about losing her credit card when you obviously don't even begin to comprehend the connection between this and buying*a purse.* While you and she will never see eye to eye on this, this does not mean that you have the right to lecture her about her area of expertise.

LOL

So, Marin you agree with her logic that it was her old purse's fault that the credit card fell out of her jeans pocket?

Well, at least you were keeping true to the thread. ;-)

In defense of your wife.** Most female cloths do not have pockets and if they do the pockets are not very big/deep and/or they fit skin tight so not much can be put in them.* So the alternative is a purse/bag. My wifes last trip to Mexico she bought 4 purses/bags that are knock off of the expensive brands.* Thank God as I could not afford the real name brands!*

Moonstruck wrote:JD wrote:***** I didn't know it was up to the Gov. to decide what the President talked to them about.* I'll have to remember that the next time I meet with one.**
*JD, the way that I look at it is that they are both elected officials. *She works for the people of Arizona. *Obama *works for the people of the US. *It seems she wanted to talk about a substantive issue, and he wanted to get something personal off his chest. *He is suing the state of Arizona. *It is pretty obvious that they don't see eye to eye. *However, personal business should not enter into it, but we all know that it does. *There should be an adult in the mix somewhere.

*"It seems she wanted to talk about a substantive issue, and he wanted to get something personal off his chest."

Is it fair to say that the discussion lasted for a few minutes not just 30 seconds and that except for the two involved in the discussion the only other folks within ear shot were the two security guards?* In her live*interviews (on tape) right after the meeting with Obama last year she said, live mind you.* That "it was cordial and great" in fact she said it twice.* Then she wrote her book and said that he lectured*her and that he had "thin skin".* So after six months she changed her story because it wasn't going to play (sell books)*well that she said*he was cordial and pleasant.***If that happened to you*would you have been a little upset?*

The protocol, as I understand it is that the President asks folks to meet him.* I'm sure there is a pecking order but the point is they do not have to go. So if she didn't like him, didn't respect him why did she go.* Just decline, that says enough in itself.* But know she has to confront him and act like an ass.* Then get on TV all night saying*she felt intimidated.**Really, really?

"There should be an adult in the mix somewhere."

There was, he didn't bitch slap her.* Are you saying he was unprofessional?* Have you heard his interview.* He smiled and said that sometimes folks on different sides*disagree.* Sounds like he manned up to me.

Name one time in the last 50 years that a US*President has been disrespected in public by another dignitary.* Hasn't happened and I'm sure there were plenty that may have deserved it in the eyes of the other party.* But it didn't happen.*Can't count Bush with the shoe because he wasn't in the US and it wasn't a US Official that threw it.

Now let's get on to talking about yet another Tea Party Governor.* Mr. Walker.* Now there is a classic example of dumb ass.
yawn.gif

Doc wrote:
So, Marin you agree with her logic that it was her old purse's fault that the credit card fell out of her jeans pocket?
You need to stop looking at the issue from your point of view.* From a woman's point of view, the ends justify the means.* The over-arching force at work here was not the need to prevent the loss of the card, it was to eliminate the negative image being projected by the presence of an old, out-of-style purse.* While it was not your wife's intial wish that the card should fall out of her pocket, the fact that it did, which propelled her into the sequence of events leading to the acquisition of a new purse, makes the loss of the card a beneficial and desired event.* My guess is that this business of turning accidental negatives into wardrobe positives will become an entire chapter in her book.

In which it will state that it is the man's fault for focusing on the negative aspects of credit card loss instead of focusing immediately on the potentially positive aspects of the event.* It's not the woman's fault for losing the card in the first place.

Marin, How can one man be so right.

I have one simple rule and two simple words to solve all problems reguarding any issues with my wife.

She is always right.

*Yes Dear.

Now I can go work on the boat.

SD

-- Edited by skipperdude on Friday 27th of January 2012 02:00:17 PM

Marin,

I agree with skipperdude. How can one man be so right? Thanks for showing me the way to enlightenment. Now I have to try to recollect all the times that I have not understood her behavior for the past 30 years.

In recollecting, one incident comes to mind from when we were first married that should have been a harbinger of coming events. Another true story.

Once upon a Sunday afternoon we looked out across the lake from our condo and observed a house being built on the other side. We decided to drive over and take a look. A represenatative of the builder was on duty and gave us the tour and the price....$165,000 (this is 1981).

I said: "No way. But we will pay $150,000." The rep said that he didn't think it would do any good but he would inform the builder the next day.

I said: "Fine. let us know".

He said: "OK" and we started to leave, where upon my Dear Wife said, over her shoulder: "Great. But tell him that if he will not take $150,000 we will pay the $165,000."

We bought the house. Want guess what we paid?!!!

Now am I going to get any sympathy Marin?

-- Edited by Doc on Friday 27th of January 2012 02:19:14 PM

Doc wrote:
....where upon my Dear Wife said, over her shoulder: "Great. But tell him that if he will not take $150,000 we will pay the $165,000."

Now am I going to get any sympathy Marin?

Well, you'll get plenty of sympathy but that won't change reality. *In the female mind the ends justify the means. *The end in this case was your wife wanted the house. *The means were irrelevant as long as they ended up with her having the house.

There is a silver lining to this particular cloud, however, and that is that it did not occur to her that she might be competing for the house with someone else. *Had she thought that, she might have said, "Great, but if he will not take the $150,000 we will pay $185,000." *

So cling to the fact that you could have paid $20k more rather than you could have paid $15k less. *I have found that by focusing on how bad it could have been leads to much happier relationships.

-- Edited by Marin on Friday 27th of January 2012 02:50:31 PM

Marin wrote:
*I have found that by focusing on how bad it could have been leads to much happier relationships.

Can I get an Amen to that one my brother.

SD

Amen.

skipperdude wrote:JD wrote:

*** I didn't know it was up to the Gov. to decide what the President talked to them about.* I'll have to remember that the next time I meet with one.

*He walked away.

There you go.

SD

*Someone correct me if I am wrong.....*I seem to remember...from years ago that during a Civics Class in Junior High....yep, that long ago....that elected officials "worked for the people that elected them".....*

My point is very simple....elected officials are not "royalty"...though many of them seem to think so...and that is one of the really screwed up things about this country right now....* I would not care if it was Bush or Obama, neither is royalty and have responsibilities to the people.* They are there to serve the people...not themselves or their party.... Oh God, am I starting to sound "naieve" or what??

If I had been Brewer... I probably would have told him to "piss off" and leave.* The fact that we have DC politicians....or is that "dilletantes" that are afraid to demand that all law enforcement agencies enforce the laws of the land vis a vis illegal immigration..... is pathetic and complete condemnation of our elected buffoons!* Neither party is any less guilty than the other!

charles wrote:
jd,
hey note not caps, dont want to offend you, again.

i have a question for you, would really appreciate an answer.
you call mr walker a tea party governor, ok, no problem there, if you say so i will take your word for it. but and this is a big but, you go on to refer to him in a most crass manner. why must you liberals resort to such?
it is epidemic, anytime someone is not of the same persuasion as you and your buds, now buds is not a pejorative term, resort to such.

thanks,
*A bit childish but at least it isn't caps.* By the way you would have failed*a 7th grade writing class by not using caps when needed. Or do I have to really explain about caps in the email world.

Dumb-ass is not all that crass.* There were a lot of other terms that I could have used.* But to explain it so that you might understand it, he had people in the government work for him on company time to get him elected.* I don't care how you look at it that is stupid or in some places a Dumb-ass.

Please don't drag out the same three lines all of you hard liners use.* About name calling and racism.* That gets old.* You leaders Rush, Hannity and their group have used cutesy names for years.* The pot stirrer has never, not once called the President by anything other than demeaning names nor most of the other folks he mention in his rants.* Some others are just as bad and for the most part they represent your side of the aisle.* I didn't pick your friends.

I'm truly sorry if calling*Governor Walker*a Dumb-ass offended you.* I didn't know you were such close friends.* But sometime a shovel is a ******g Shovel and that is the way it is.*Just in case Christy is a good friend if asked I would put Pompous in front of Dumb-ass in his case

Care to hear what some of your fellow up standing folks from LA call your Gov. Bobby.* I'm sure you know.* Now that is some name calling.

-- Edited by JD on Friday 27th of January 2012 05:28:15 PM

-- Edited by JD on Friday 27th of January 2012 05:30:45 PM

Everybody to remain calm. We have been hijacked. Keep your seats and no one will be hurt.

You said it Doc, but I thought y'all might get a laugh out of this wee story.
Sort of confirms something your wife said in her defense, and get us back on thread.

A couple of years ago, my wife and I were away on a short weeks break at a timeshare in New South Wales. One day we set out to do some bush-walking, so both went in jeans we had bought new not long before. After we got back to the unit and we were changing, I just happened to comment how well-fitting the new jeans were. "Sort of 'slinky' and supportive"...are the words I think I used, adding.."but I could have sworn the pockets were deeper the last time I wore them, I can hardly fit anything into them".
My wife walked over, tugged at the label and shrieked.."those are my jeans you've been wearing you idiot!"...so while not saying a heap re my wife's figure I guess, 'cause she'd not noticed she had been wearing mine...it does sort of exonerate Doc's wife - their pockets are pathetic, and a card could definitely fall out.

I might add, that if the subject ever comes up these days we fall about laughing - all I have to do is make reference to "those shallow pockets" and we nearly wet ourselves...

-- Edited by Peter B on Saturday 28th of January 2012 01:24:55 AM

-- Edited by Peter B on Saturday 28th of January 2012 01:26:39 AM

Peter B.

What a great story. We could not do that. Mine would wrap around her two times and I could only get one leg in hers...and I am not thaqt huge...6'2", 225#

Peter B wrote:

My wife walked over, tugged at the label and shrieked.."those are my jeans you've been wearing you idiot!"

Peter, I would never tell that story again. *

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom