Galvanic Isolator on a 390

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cslewis225

Both my galvanic isolators have failed on my 2001 390. I only have 7 inches wide space where they ate mounted. Any suggestions on what to replace the 2 30 amp isolators? One 60 amp ok? This is why we are tripping the new power poles in some marinas( Marineland, Georgetown SC and Ft Pierce so I have been told. Both isolators have been checked and are not working. Want to be ABYC complient.

Craig S Lewis
2001 390
Mighty Fine

Welcome aboard. I replaced 2 30s with one 60.

Both my galvanic isolators have failed on my 2001 390. I only have 7 inches wide space where they ate mounted. Any suggestions on what to replace the 2 30 amp isolators? One 60 amp ok? This is why we are tripping the new power poles in some marinas( Marineland, Georgetown SC and Ft Pierce so I have been told. Both isolators have been checked and are not working. Want to be ABYC complient.

Craig S Lewis
2001 390
Mighty Fine
If your isolators have indeed failed, the tripping of the "new power poles" is being caused by your boat's wiring not the absence of a working isolater. Or, if yours are the older models of Prosine isolators, these will cause the marina power pedestals to trip their breakers.

My ProSafe manual shows this use...2x30A supply into 1x60A galvanic isolator. Link to manual:
-- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J0hM5zavBUPmafMyYFWW7RGGa1pRhbk2/view?usp=drivesdk

Craig S Lewis
2001 390
Mighty Fine

Back
Top Bottom