***Trawler Forum PRESS RELEASE***Please Read!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Peter B wrote:
However, I would also like to sincerely thank Doug and John for starting and maintaining this forum, as it is the best power cruiser/trawler forum in the whole wide world for sure. That is one of the most amazing things about the internet, and forums in particular, is that you can have a barney with someone over the other side of the world, and feel after a while you really know someone you have never met in person, yet the amazing thing is when you do meet - as some of us Aussie guys have, (and I'd love to meet Nomadwilly some day and have a great yarn about anchors), they are just like you imagined and you do feel you have known them for ages. It is something really special.
I totally understand Doug and John decision & welcome aboard Andy..

Tell me about running a website. I had started and ran one about 12yrs ago where we analyzed stocks on both Can & US exchanges. I had two web designers ( one in Montreal Que & one in Cambridge Ont ), 5*Analysts, ( one in Montreal who shorted, one in Peterbourgh Ont who did 3-5wk swing trades, one in Regina Sask who did Long-term trading plays, one in Vancover BC who did day-trading long & shorts and myself who did a Real Time data analysis giving real time stock analysis and probability analysis ). We had 150 paying members, with 50 doing real-time trading.

Talk about cost and not to mention anything about the burn-out and stress. It cost $10K per year for my real-time data software alone not to mention paying for the web space, the web designers, the analysts and those that did special reports. It had it's positives ( $$ ) but had it negatives ( Stess ) too.*

I joined this forum and it didn't take long to bring back memories on what a website is all about. I love the info provided here and know how to overlook the difference of opinions. My passion for boating now has exceeded the passion I had for playing the stock market so I enjoy reading and learning from people's experience here. I love the ventures and/or trips some talk about and totally enjoy the reno projects.*

There is a great group here and maybe someday I too will take my little boat from Newfoundland and head south for a visit with some of you who live in Florida and beyond. Like Peter said "feel after a while you really know someone you have never met in person, yet the amazing thing is when you do meet"

Overall I am glad I have joined TF.

Elwin*

Doc wrote:
And I almost made guru. Story of my life.
You can still do it!* Just come up with a one word post and keep sending it to TF until you hit the magic number of posts that that clicks you over from Senior Member to Guru.* I* believe Guru in this context*is a measurement of volume, not knowledge. :)

Marin wrote:Doc wrote:
And I almost made guru. Story of my life.

You can still do it!* Just come up with a one word post and keep sending it to TF until you hit the magic number of posts that that clicks you over from Senior Member to Guru.* I* believe Guru in this context*is a measurement of volume, not knowledge. :)

*Or you can send me a message and I can either manually set it to Guru or give you a custom name like many on here....instead of bloating the site with one word posts. *In fact, in most forums, that is severely looked down upon(posting for the sake of fluffing your numbers) and usually dealt with disciplinary action. *IOW, dont do it!

Marin, rest assured, we are very aware that you have NEVER posted a one word post!!!....
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

-- Edited by Baker on Thursday 26th of January 2012 07:02:55 PM

My congrats to our founders - Thank you very much for starting and maintaining TF for all these years.

While my account appears new I registered on the day "flyjbaker" announced the new forum on the* T&T list.

From T&T - Bakers post - Fri Oct 5 19:39:18 EDT 2007

"Hello fellow listees,
***** A friend of mine and I started a new forum for trawlers in general.* Our main motivations were to provide a better medium for the exchange of information.* It also allows our personalities to come out a little more.* You can post pictures straight from your hard drive to the forum without having to host them on another internet website.* It is extremely simple to use which was our number one goal.* We. like many of you, have other interests(ie cars,etc) and have always been impressed with the amount of forums available for their* enthusiasts.* No such forum exists for trawlers.* Just these email lists which can be time consuming and also limited in their ability to exchange information....not to mention that they clog up your email inbox.
****** Please realize that our goal is not to try and replace this list.* Our goal is to provide a place for the trawler community to gather online in a more interactive manner.* It is in it's infancy stages and is very simple to use.* It will evolve over time. There is also a suggestion box to put your suggestions and hopefully we can incorporate them over time. Registration is a matter of going thru a couple of steps and then going thru an email confirmation.* The purpose of that is to keep the spammers out.* Anyway, I hope y'all go and check it out.
* The address is:***** trawlerforum.com
* We do hope you enjoy it!!!
* Trawler on,
* John"

My best to the new owners.* Follow Johns' original thoughts and you should do well.

Just keep Tao Jones - hopeless, clueless, CF moderator - away from the site.

Mike
Palm Coast FL

-- Edited by Mike on Thursday 26th of January 2012 07:28:08 PM

Wow!!! Thanks Mike. I am getting all teary eyed over here!!!!...;-)

And what forum is "CF"???

CF = cruisersforum.com - The new owners sailboat site.

I'm not a member there, and have never posted. Lot's of good info since sailboats have many of the same equipment that we powerboat owners do. I owned sailboats for over 30 years.

I check it about once or twice a month.

The problem with cruisersforum,com is that there are a lot of these kind of posts -

"Hi! I don't know anything about boats, or even sailboats, but my significant other and I are planing to sail around the world beginning next year."

Chorus from members - "Good for you, go for it."

Assisted suicide.

Prediction - Given time, Fast Fred will not be happy.

Thanks again to you both. Job well done.

Mike

I have been a Cruisers Forum member for years. I think it is a very good forum, mostly sailboaters but there are a few trawler owners on there.
If you do post there keep in mind most sailors are liberals and rabidly anti gun.
Steve W

You are funny Marin*:clap:

<a>
img_73418_0_53c9eb95863aa7e364880e86b7527d22.gif
</a>

-- Edited by Ocean Breeze NL on Thursday 26th of January 2012 08:46:56 PM

One word posts from Marin. I am speechless..................but he left me wanting more!

rochepoint wrote:
One word posts from Marin. I am speechless..................but he left me wanting more!
*That is some funny **** right there!!!!!

We have a rather portly (now - but he is an ex-Wallaby), Rugby commentator here in Aus, whose favourite saying, when a player is screaming down the pitch and a probable try (touchdown) is imminent is to yell..."gooo...you good thing!"

I reckon that's what we are all trying to say about this forum, right guys...?

Welcome and Greetings

Is good to know that you been around in many waters. If you need something from Brazil let me know..

Bem vindo

Portuguese ( vivo na Bahia e estou construindo um*Trawler em SP)

Back
Top Bottom