Old 01-22-2019, 07:41 AM   #4
ranger58sb
Guru

City: Annapolis
Vessel Name: Ranger
Vessel Model: 58' Sedan Bridge
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamoore View Post
I want to replace all 4 6 volt batteries and am looking for some guidance. I have all the original documents that came with the boat and they say nothing about the size/type/capacity of the 6 volt batteries. The batteries that are there are "ELECTRO" distributed by E.B.S. Inc, and have D13 sticker on the side. Aside from that, I see no information on any specs. An internet search does not produce any info on either Electro or EBS.

I am fine with keeping the original setup of the 4 -6 volt battery set up. We have not and will probably not anchor out overnight. Our overnights have been at marinas with shore power hook-up.

I need advice on what type battery I need to get and where are the best places to buy them. ... I have seen comments about batteries from Costco and Sam's and have easy access to both if that is the way to go. Thanks in advance, Joe

Given no labeling on your current batteries... and given that 4x 6V GC2s (golf cart batteries) is a very common solution...

Maybe you could measure you batteries, compare to BCI Group GC2 measurements, see if what you have are GC2s...

And then if so, wander down to the bulk stores and pick. Reading suggests GC2s by Trojan or East Penn/Deka would be good if you're OK servicing wet lead acid batteries.

If you batteries DON'T match GC2 size specs... then maybe there's a way to figure out what you've got using a BCI chart. (Could be a taller 6V, like L16? Et cetera.) And/or use a search engine and look for Electro, EBS inc, and.or D13, see if something useful pops up...

-Chris