Old 01-25-2012, 10:05 PM   #25
koliver
TF Site Team

City: Saltspring Island
Vessel Name: Retreat
Vessel Model: C&L 44
RE: Designing and Building a dining table

-- Edited by Delia Rosa on Tuesday 24th of January 2012 03:02:19 PM

<table style="width:100%;" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="0"><tbody><tr><td class="gensmall">Attachments</td></tr><tr><td class="gensmall" style="padding-left:25px;">*</td></tr><tr><td colspan="2"><a></a>
View image
<a></a>
View image
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Susan & Dan
"Delia Rosa"*C & L Sea Ranger 47 PH
Point Breeze N.Y. on Lake Ontario
Dan:
Your pictures, above, look like my table, as it appears to have the wings that would fold over the center part.* That is why I thought your table is like mine.* You should go back to the original configuration, then you could get around the table instead of having to go through the middle of it!!
If you are not going to do the work yourself,* you really have to be careful about your design.* When you hire a shop to do something they have never done before, you will get unpredictable results, as they will interpret your instructions in ways you have not considered.*
I see your cabin has no room for loose chairs, as we have on the open side of our table, hence your wider design.* I would be reluctant to try something as radical as a banquet table in a small cabin.* I would stick to the original design.* In fact, if you are sticking to Formica, there doesn't look to be anything wrong with the present table.
I will try to get some pictures tomorrow.
koliver is offline   Reply With Quote