View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 07:44 AM   #1
Baker
TF Site Team/Forum Founder

City: League City, Tx
Vessel Name: Floatsome & Jetsome
Vessel Model: Meridian 411
***Trawler Forum PRESS RELEASE***Please Read!

Dear Trawlerforum members,

* Doug and I started this forum simply as a better way to share our passion for boating and trawlering. *There was no other forum like it on the internet so we decided somebody should fill the void. *I think we succeeded in that regard. *Our interests and motivation were for the trawler community. *We also had visions of making Trawlerforum a truly premier site. While there is absolutely nothing wrong with the way it is now, we had just envisioned it, at the very least, to be self supporting. *As the membership grew, so did our workload and our expenses. *We just didn't have the time(or ability) to make Trawlerforum what we had envisioned.
* *Through all of this, there was a person that had shown interest in acquiring Trawlerforum from us. *His name is Andy. *This has actually been going on for a few years now but we never really took his offers too seriously. *Andy then presented a proposal that we had to look at and eventually accepted. *Andy is now the new Owner of Trawlerforum. *I know that, as humans, we are resistant to change. *It is only normal. *Andy is no stranger to owning and running forums and I am here to tell you he will do a superb job. *You will likely see some changes moving forward but they will mostly be transparent or cosmetic at best. *The basic format will be the same in how threads and posts are arranged...just like they are on most forums across the internet. *I invite you to check out one of his forums at www.cruisersforum.com. *You will notice that the look is a little different but the basic format/layout is generally the same and you use just like you use the current version or any other forum for that matter. *So again, the changes will be minimal and we will continue on as usual.
* *Doug and I want to thank each and every one of you for putting your trust in us and for making Trawlerforum what it is today. *We want to reiterate that we trust Andy implicitly with the continued excellence of Trawlerforum. *We would not have turned it over to him had we thought he would have taken it in a different direction. *I think I may have even offended him in my "vetting" process just to make sure he understood the community and how important this forum is to it. *It is basically the only one of it's kind. *We also believe that Trawlerforum will continue to be THE place on the internet to gather and talk about trawlers and cruising under power. *We are sure that Andy will do a fine job of continuing the legacy of Trawlerforum. *Not only continue it, but make it everything Doug and I had envisioned in the beginning...THE premier site for talking trawlers and cruising under power.

Thanks for your Support,
John and Doug
Baker is offline   Reply With Quote