Unable to buy Racor Filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rain Dog

Vessel Name
Rain Dog
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 42 Classic
I have been unable to buy 10-micron replacement filters for my Racor 500. It would appear they have had some kind of supply disruption. Anyone know what the deal is or if some seller has a stash somewhere?

And I assumed "how can that be?" but indeed even a large establishment like Defender lists all 3 types of Racor 500 filters as "call" for availability. Weird.

I can buy mine from Napa Auto parts (WIX) or diesel truck parts.

Hopkins Carter had them last I was in Park’s Old store.

So far I have tried Defender, Discount Racor, The Diesel Store, and West Marine. The ones that accepted the order canceled it days later.

I just tried Hopkins Carter. Wish me luck!

So far I have tried Defender, Discount Racor, The Diesel Store, and West Marine. The ones that accepted the order canceled it days later.

I just tried Hopkins Carter. Wish me luck!

Hopkins Carter just canceled the order.

Wix has a direct replacement. If you enter the full Racor part number into their cross reference it comes up correctly.

Gee, I just took delivery of 2 cases of 10 micron and 30 micron, I hope I didn’t buy them all!

I doubt there is a shortage but you could call Parker to find out. They are available in the Bahamas but probably more than you would willingly pay.

I was at my local DD center today and asked about this. They said that Parker moved the filter makers into a new building this fall without putting extra stock aside to cover the interruption of supplies. Thus the current shortage.

Here are some alternatives.

Replacement Fuel filters for RACOR 2010TM:
Brand Model
BALDWIN. PF598-10
DONALDSON. P552010
FLEETGUARD. FS1208
FLEETGUARD. FS20102
LUBER-FINER L2021F

Don’t know the proper # for wix replacement.

I was at my local DD center today and asked about this. They said that Parker moved the filter makers into a new building this fall without putting extra stock aside to cover the interruption of supplies. Thus the current shortage.
Well that was a pretty bonehead move on their part. I wonder whose ass got chewed over that screwup.

I ordered 4 of them 2 weeks ago from defender, no problems?

RD
Not knowing your application, but my 500 setup is for the genset. I've always used 30 u units there.

I am told that RACOR is in the process of moving their distribution from CA to SD and didn't allow for demand for filters during the transition. I use 10 m filters and have been able to find them at various marine supply houses. The problem is supposed to be solved as soon as the distribution center transition is complete.

Short supply may or may not be due to fire at New Haven plant in November. I've switched from Racors to Dual Stage Fleetguards.

Short supply may or may not be due to fire at New Haven plant in November. I've switched from Racors to Dual Stage Fleetguards.

That is a more plausible explanation. Even the least experienced, most junior operations team would provide for product supply continuity through a plant or distribution move.

I have a hard time believing that a company that big made an oops that obvious. However, a fire at a plant would seem more plausible to me.

Yes, I'm babbling online again just to hear myself type.:rofl:

Wix has a direct replacement. If you enter the full Racor part number into their cross reference it comes up correctly.

Hi,

Wix filter material removes particles maybe, but genuine Racor aqua block also filters nearly 100% water molecules, important especially for common rail engine. Why use other than original Parker filters?

NBs

Hi,

Wix filter material removes particles maybe, but genuine Racor aqua block also filters nearly 100% water molecules, important especially for common rail engine. Why use other than original Parker filters?

NBs

I wouldn't, but desperate times require desperate measures.

Non existent genuine racor filters block nothing. Also what evidence is there that Wix filters are inadequate. Not saying they are not but I need something more than a statement on TF.

Back
Top Bottom