View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 11:40 PM   #14
Marin
Scraping Paint

City: -
RE: What Nav lights do you have?

Quote:
7tiger7 wrote:Which model nav light is that in your picture? Aqua Signal model 40 or 41 it seems?
*All the external nav light hardware on our boat is bronze and dates from 1973.* My guess is that it was made in Asia somewhere as the boat was built in Singapore.* I do not recall any brand names or logos on the light frames or lenses.

I mean to say water taxis in my previous post, not ferries.

And while it was a long time ago, I've driven in Boston and it was definitely a challenge.* The lane markings, when they were visible at all, were treated merely as suggestions.* I finally figured out that the trick to successful driving in the city was to get out front of the pack and stay there.* That way you could use whatever part of the road you wanted.* As long as everyone else was behind you, it was far less stressful.

I assume the tunnel you refer to is the infamous "Big Dig?"

But I think every city has it's f*ck ups.* Seattle, by and large, does mostly stupid things these days.* (Which come to think of it pretty much defines the whole country).* We have freeway on ramps that put you in the fast lane, not the low lane.* We have a bazillion dollar light rail transit system that takes people from where they don't want to be to where they don't want to go and has had zero effect on traffic congestion.* The list goes on and on, and the elected officials mirror the US government's in that they are more inept and incompetent with every election.

So Boston is a pretty typical American city I would say.* Unlike Seattle, however, Boston and the surrounding area at least has an impressive history, particularly from the days when America was actually a competent collection of people who were accomplishing things to be proud of.

Seattle has the Space Needle.
Marin is offline   Reply With Quote