Great YouTube videos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great Question. The old owner did it from our completely worthless swim step, which in my opinion is way to small. We are currently working on a design for a new swim platform that will be about 4' deep, with steps down to it. (instead of the existing ladder) There are a couple of different options. One is an aluminum platform supported from the bottom and top. Option 2 is a 4' hull extension at the swim platform level. We are currently waiting on pricing on both options. I suspect the hull extension with prove cost prohibitive, but if you have watched our refit series you will see I'm not afraid of spending a lot of money on Sea Venture.

I'll keep you posted on the options and what we choose to do.

Also, we leave the boat at anchor all the time. We just make sure the anchor is well set with plenty of scope out. It helps that we have very heavy ground tackle - I think the weight makes a big difference of how well an anchor holds. If diving from the tender we either anchor it or a third person stays with the tender.

Hope this answers your questions.

Thanks,

Jim

MV CLASSEA has a 4’ swim platform that we love, don’t like ladders, boat has no more than 3 steps at any point . . . IMG_0377.jpg IMG_0430.jpg

For those interested, we have posted the 10th video in our summer cruise series to SE Alaska.

This episode was completely filmed inside Glacier Bay National Park.

For those asking for a little more information, our YouTube channel, Cruising Sea Venture, has 37 videos total so far. it's completely non-monetized. We receive nothing from anyone for doing the videos - it's just a hobby.

For those asking for more information regarding our boat, Sea Venture, she is a 54' Cheoy Lee Long Range Trawler. While we started the YouTube channel a little over one year ago, we have been cruising for 25 years, and full time for the last 5 years. This summer Sea Venture surpassed 60,000 NM's and 9,000 hours of cruising. We have a lot of fun meeting and learning from other boaters. Thank you to everyone here on Trawler Forum for creating this community.

If you want to receive an email when a new video is posted, just "Subscribe" on the YouTube channel and click on the "Notifications" icon. (it looks like a bell).

Here is a link to the latest video. Enjoy

Jim and Rosy
M/V Sea Venture

I'll be watching your vid this evening. I'm a sub over there, Ben Randomly. I have no vids, yet.

Many thanks - beautiful footage. Several years ago we took my wife's mother on a Princess cruise out of Seattle up to Glacier Bay - was on her bucket list - she passed away the following summer - fun memories. But I saw several 'smaller' boats up there also and thought - "I'm coming back in a trawler". Now on my list, but it will have to be a charter/rental - a bit difficult to get our boat from Mississippi up there :banghead: Thanks again.

Many thanks - beautiful footage. Several years ago we took my wife's mother on a Princess cruise out of Seattle up to Glacier Bay - was on her bucket list - she passed away the following summer - fun memories. But I saw several 'smaller' boats up there also and thought - "I'm coming back in a trawler". Now on my list, but it will have to be a charter/rental - a bit difficult to get our boat from Mississippi up there :banghead: Thanks again.

We're really glad you enjoyed the video. We really had a magical time. Our next video will cover the 2nd portion of our visit to Glacier Bay. With 1,375 Square Miles of water and only 25 boats, you really got to enjoy the beauty of nature in a way that made it seem like you were all alone is this vast wilderness. If there is some way to do it aboard a trawler, we would really recommend it. A cruise ship works, but as you know, they spend about 8 hours in the park, compared to the 7 days we spent.

Happy cruising, or as we say in the video's, "wishing you no wind and flat seas"

Jim and Rosy
M/V Sea Venture

I've been watching them all. Unfortunately, I'm out of town this weekend so won't be able to see it until Monday.

New Cruising Sea Venture video

For those interested we have posted a new video.

This video comes from request from YouTube viewers, who have been asking us for some time for a complete tour of Sea Venture.

Jim and Rosy
M/V Sea Venture

Just watched. Nice boat you guys.

Thanks for the link Crusty. Nice couple and a refreshing and different type of video journal than the normal fare.

We are going to try and catch up with Cindy and Shel when we goto Exuma next month. Probably bring them a new camera, mic, or some general stuff if they ask. They bought a boat we were considering in New Bern.

We are starting to see a few more trawler YouTube channels out there. We appreciate them all - in part because we know how much work it is to put together and share your cruising experiences.

For those interested, we have posted the 11th video in our summer cruise series to SE Alaska.

This episode covers are remaining time in Glacier Bay and some epic Humpback whale encounters on the cruise back to Juneau.

For those asking for a little more information, our YouTube channel, Cruising Sea Venture, has 37 videos total so far. it's completely non-monetized. We receive nothing from anyone for doing the videos - it's just a hobby.

For those asking for more information regarding our boat, Sea Venture, she is a 54' Cheoy Lee Long Range Trawler. While we started the YouTube channel a little over one year ago, we have been cruising for 25 years, and full time for the last 5 years. This summer Sea Venture surpassed 60,000 NM's and 9,000 hours of cruising. We have a lot of fun meeting and learning from other boaters. Thank you to everyone here on Trawler Forum for creating this community.

If you want to receive an email when a new video is posted, just "Subscribe" on the YouTube channel and click on the "Notifications" icon. (it looks like a bell).

Jim and Rosy
M/V Sea Venture

For those struggling to find music and stay within copyright have a look here:

Free Music Archive

Thank you for the music source. I know we spend hours looking for good music to use and we still don't like the results very much.

YouTube does now have a program that you can use certain copyrighted music if you agree to the video being non-monetized (you can not make money from the video). The music copyright holder then receives any royalties from the video from the commercials that YouTube puts before the video plays. This seems to provide a lot more quality music options. Since our videos are already non-monetized we are exploring this option now.

Jim and Rosy
M/V Sea Venture

For those interested, we have posted the 12th video in our summer cruise series to SE Alaska.

This episode covers cruising from Juneau Alaska south, with stops in Taku Harbor and Tracy Arm and Endicott Arm.

For those asking for a little more information, our YouTube channel, Cruising Sea Venture, has 40 videos total so far. it's completely non-monetized. We receive nothing from anyone for doing the videos - it's just a hobby.

Jim and Rosy
M/V Sea Venture

I clicked the like button, Jim.

Wondering if anyone has heard from these folks? Enjoyed their refit videos and am watching some of the cruising. They talked about long term voyaging to the south pacific in what I believe would be this winter. But nothing on youtube since this video about 8 months ago. Hope they are going for it and will post some details.

Wondering if anyone has heard from these folks? Enjoyed their refit videos and am watching some of the cruising. They talked about long term voyaging to the south pacific in what I believe would be this winter. But nothing on youtube since this video about 8 months ago. Hope they are going for it and will post some details.

Did you mean to add a link?

I was wondering the same thing last week. Hope they're good and that they get bsck to posting.

Sorry. Didnt think a link was necessary. Was referring to cruising sea venture, the primary subject of this thread and the gentleman of the same name who is a member here and posted on this thread on several occasions but hasn't been heard from since the beginning of the year.

I've checked on MarineTraffic.com and it appears the boat is in Everett Washington which I believe is their home port.

There was a bit of an update in this thread: http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s3/whats-happened-cruising-sea-venture-couple-46696.html

See post #5 from cantsitstill who is a member in the same yacht club....

Thanks. Good info. Kind of what I expected but do hope the do their circumnavigation and chronical it on YT.

Wow. Tough luck for Jim and Rosy, but they seemed to have worked through it. Hope the complex fills up soon and starts generating income so they can continue cruising!

Go check the Cruising Sea Venture YouTube channel. They just posted a real-time update on all they have been up to for the last 10 months.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom