Problems w/ Forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CamanoFolks

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Whimsy
Vessel Make
Camano 31
Is your "List All Users" and "User Details" working?* A couple of days ago I lost all functions except for the Trawler Forum feature.* If I click on any function in the blue bar nothing happens.* I miss using the "User Details" - anybody know what gives?
weirdface.gif

Thanks,
Tom

What browser are you using? ALl features are working well for me.

FWIW I've found that on an Apple, Safari operates most of the functions of the forum pretty well although I've never been able to get it to attach a photo to a post. But Safari seems to have a mind of its own sometimes and it will occasionally reformat webpages for no obvious reason. I've not noticed this with Firefox, which also allows the attachment of photos no problem.

Regardless of what type of computer you use, deleting cookies and/or preferences will often restore the proper functioning of an application. If you delete the trawlerforum cookies you'll probably need to log in the first time you open the forum as it uses a cookie to keep track of you. At least that's the way the Grand Banks owner forum works, and it uses a forum application similar to this one.

Marin is right on the cookies deletion.* I've fixed more web problems by deleting cookies, temporary internet files, page history, etc. than I could shake a stick at.* Reinstalling and/or updating Java will fix a lot of weird issues as well.

Everything with computers was so much more simple and reliable before the government got involved.* Well I remember way back when, right after Al Gore invented the Internet, I used to......................
wink.gif

As Marin suggested - all is well on the forum when using Safari. I'll dig into my
Firefox and see if I can get a fix. Not sure the Govmnt had much to do with it - as I remember the old TRS80s and Apple IIs just chugged along then PCs and Bill showed up and it has never been easy since.

Thanks for the Firefox delete all cookies suggestion - I did earase all trawlerforum cookies and all now seems well except now all the Forums indicate that they haven't been read even though they were and some are months old - so what else do I have to do!* Give up boat chores just deal w/ computer crud.
evileye.gif

Oh, I forgot to add...after deleting cookies, history, and other internet files you have read every post ever posted all over again!
wink.gif

That happens to me occasionally, I think when one of my applications erases spyware stuff, tracking cookies, etc. It's not all the posts, but back to some point. A "catch up" button would be nice, something like "mark all read" that would mark every message in the forum as read.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom