Panama Carribean marinas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Freespool

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Adventure
Vessel Make
Offshore 62
Greetings all,

I am going to be taking my 62 Offshore from Fort Lauderdale to Panama and ultimately through the canal. I was hoping to spend some time in the Carribean side of Panama prior to going through the canal. My plan was to have family and friends fly into the boat for a week to ten days at a time.

I am now learning that both the marinas in Bocas del Toro and Shelter bay. Due to their remote locations, it seems difficult to get my guests to and from the marinas. It seems the best way to get there from California is to fly into Panama City and take a second flight to Bocas. I am not sure about how to get from Panama City to Shelter bay. Does anyone have any advice?

Shelter Bay is probably your best bet. You can easily get a driver in Panama City to meet them at the airport and take them the 45 miles or so over to Shelter Bay.

We have a driver we highly recommend. If he can't do it himself, he will get someone else to do it for you. Let me know if you need his name and phone number. He speaks English as well.

If you have some time after your guests arrive I highly recommend a short trip south to the San Blas Islands. Check it out.

Greetings all,

I am going to be taking my 62 Offshore from Fort Lauderdale to Panama and ultimately through the canal. I was hoping to spend some time in the Carribean side of Panama prior to going through the canal. My plan was to have family and friends fly into the boat for a week to ten days at a time.

I am now learning that both the marinas in Bocas del Toro and Shelter bay. Due to their remote locations, it seems difficult to get my guests to and from the marinas. It seems the best way to get there from California is to fly into Panama City and take a second flight to Bocas. I am not sure about how to get from Panama City to Shelter bay. Does anyone have any advice?

Wifey B: Aha. Actually Bocas depends on many factors as the nearest and most convenient international airport is in San Jose, Costa Rica. Shelter Bay is about a 2 hour drive from Tocumen International.

Certainly Shelter Bay is easier, but Bocas del Toro is so beautifully unique. Maybe some guests join you in Bocas del Toro and leave you in Shelter Bay.

We didn't make it to San Blas but heard it's beautiful there too.

One other thing to mention is you may have guests who want to tour the canal. For them, the best marina is Flamenco.

Panama isn't the easiest to get around but it's worth taking the time. We had a driver most of the time. Most canal agents can arrange for anything you need. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom