well do YOU believe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
200w.gif

Judging by the tree this morning he certainly exists, even if only in spirit.

Merry Christmas. Happy birthday little fella

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1545742693152.jpg
    FB_IMG_1545742693152.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 90
Wifey B: For the first 21 years of my life, I didn't believe in Santa Claus or at least not one who ever visited me. Then Christmas morning 2001, I saw him. I even was his helper in a small way so I felt him. The orphanage only had about 45 kids the first Christmas we were there although others who were alumni were present and a few locals like us. I saw those kids open their presents and soon sharing as they played with each other. We helped Santa as all the playground equipment had a huge tent over it with a story about needing repairs and safety but the truth was new equipment being put in it's place. Our small contribution as a surprise from Santa. We saw the kids run to it and play on it and for the first time in my life I understood Christmas and Santa Claus.

We go toy shopping each year as Santa's helpers. Now 112 kids and no longer can we raid Toys R Us stores but we still buy 90% in person rather than online. We just get one item for each kid of the many they receive from Santa. Not that it's better buying in person, just feels better to us that way. The kids have all been warned that if they stop believing, Santa will stop coming and none of the older kids dares to dispel Santa to the younger. Today there were 112 kids plus around 70 alumni and friends for breakfast followed by presents. We've spent every Christmas here since 2001 and I can assure you Santa comes here each year.

We didn't get involved initially for the kids, but for ourselves. Christmas was approaching and as much as we had each other and our love for each other, it felt like every other day coming. We saw all the kids toys advertised and the stores full. We saw Toys R Us but we had no reason to go there. We had a huge void in our lives with lack of families and kids around. To me, Christmas is for the kids and without them it was missing something. I couldn't get excited about Christmas as it had never been a special day in my life. In fact, it had always been the most depressing day of the year, prior to 2000 when I flew on Christmas night to meet my now-hubby in Myrtle Beach.

There's a group of around 20 of our extended family having Christmas lunch in our home but we're three states away and Christmas in Florida is on Saturday the 29th this year. We'll love the celebration with all who will be there but it won't compare to this morning. Yesterday afternoon we shared stories of everyone's first Christmas at the orphanage. Memories but also for those for whom this is their first. Last night's dinner was Prime Rib, a Christmas Eve tradition as my hubby's a Prime Rib fanatic and long ago decided the kids deserved it occasionally. Then last night, with a fire burning brightly, we all sang Christmas songs. This morning they could see Santa had come, but no opening presents until after breakfast.

I'm sure all of you who had children understand and long have. Well, multiply it by many and you get an idea of how glorious Santa is to us. Christmas 2001, Santa also came to me. That year and every year since Santa has brought me two Barbies. One is a collectible and one is to be played with. I have her houses and clothes and car and everything. Yes, I do play with her. Santa never visited my house growing up and I never had a Barbie. I know it may seem silly with all I have today, but I still get this special feeling when I open my Barbie from Santa.

I see all the incredible Toys for Tots programs around the country and I guess the world. Why toys when so many need basics like food and coats and shoes? Well, hopefully they get those items too, but toys for kids, to help them feel the spirit, to bring life into their existence.

Maybe that's what Santa is, a manifestation of our love for our children and the children of the world. I sure feel that love when I open my Barbie and I see how the kids at the orphanage feel it. I'm sure the kids living in poverty with parents who can't afford it but who get toys through Toys for Tots feel it. That's then who Santa is to me, loving, caring and expressing that.

Yes, VIRGINIA, there is a Santa Claus. He exists as certainly as love and generosity and devotion exist, and you know that they abound and give to your life its highest beauty and joy.​

I hope each of you, regardless of your religious views, had Santa in your life today. If not, make a point to involve him next year. He brings with him an incredible happiness that I can't fully describe. :)

Judging by the tree this morning he certainly exists, even if only in spirit.

Merry Christmas. Happy birthday little fella

Wifey B: Seeing your decorations makes me smile as we only did a small part of the decorations of our home but we have about half a dozen girls in the 19-24 year age group, decorating while we're away. I can't wait to see what they've done. We'll see a little when we cam with them this afternoon at lunch but most will have to wait until we get home Thursday night. :)

We believe in Santa ...and global warmin'.

Why are you still here and posting?

there wasn't one ounce of politics in this thread until you came along.

Give it up already.

Menzies!! Holy Crap, smoke up or something! That was a joke!

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year fellow bobbers!

RT you must be wired directly to an Alexa - beat me to it and did a much better job to boot.

But, I don`t believe in Ancora.

My feelings are hurt...and I thought this forum was a "safe place.":rofl:

Greetings.
Ms. WB. Well, I looked up an Alexa and no, I've never heard of it. I DO have Siri on my I pad but it is about as useful as nothing. I've only asked one question of it and received silence in return.

We were driving along a highway beside a river and I wanted to know what river it was. My I pad DOES have the GPS function but the river was not marked on the map so I asked Siri where we were. It didn't appear to know so what use is it? DUH!!! Nope. No use what-so-ever IMO. I expect an Alexa is of equal value...

Greetings.
Ms. WB. Well, I looked up an Alexa and no, I've never heard of it. I DO have Siri on my I pad but it is about as useful as nothing. I've only asked one question of it and received silence in return.

We were driving along a highway beside a river and I wanted to know what river it was. My I pad DOES have the GPS function but the river was not marked on the map so I asked Siri where we were. It didn't appear to know so what use is it? DUH!!! Nope. No use what-so-ever IMO. I expect an Alexa is of equal value...

Wifey B: Well, I'm shocked. Alexa thinks she is in charge of the world. She's been known to order toys kids asked for. She's also been used by law enforcement, because she hears and retains everything. Sorry, Siri let you down. :)

Greetings,
This is not the thread to discuss (thread drift) but you totally miss my point my dear.

My dear Mr RTF, Orwell is long gone, you need to realize that we are in the Harry Potter generation now :D

L

Greetings,
Mr. L_t. Orwell may well be dead but his predictions are alive and well. While I do enjoy both JK Rawlings and G Orwell, it's like comparing apples to bathtubs. Two entirely different genres...

Greetings,
Mr. L_t. Orwell may well be dead but his predictions are alive and well. While I do enjoy both JK Rawlings and G Orwell, it's like comparing apples to bathtubs. Two entirely different genres...
Indeed and totally agree with you, and don't think the depth of the message between the two of them is the same!

L

What RT said re Orwell x 2.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom