Right place right time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pack Mule

TF Site Team
Vessel Name
Slo-Poke
Vessel Make
Jorgensen custom 44
This doesn’t happen very often for us but it did yesterday. We were at my uncles house for a Christmas party last night .
My uncle just recently sold his sailboat and isn’t going back to boating. He had this brand new dinghy motor that he had just listed on Craig s list . The rum was flowing just right and he mentioned how disgusted he was with the crappy calls from the add . A little later and a lot more rum and wayla this Lehr 2.5 is mine for FREE?. Should work perfect on our Trinka 10 footer.

Attachments

• C6B0309B-766D-4BF9-8C05-F406F0E9D89B.jpg
    C6B0309B-766D-4BF9-8C05-F406F0E9D89B.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 98
Well merry friggin Christmas! Nice score, hope the head doesn’t hurt too much from all that haggling.

Greetings,
Mr. PM. Bonus AND a really cool uncle. Funny, I always thought rum just worked on...um....never mind.

200w.gif

Greetings,
Mr. PM. Bonus AND a really cool uncle. Funny, I always thought rum just worked on...um....never mind.

200w.gif

I thought that it was Madeira.

Every now and then when you step into it, it comes up smelling like roses.

Dinghy looks heavy. Sure it floats?

That was certainly worth saving up for!! Merry Christmas Uncle, that was very kind.

Greetings,
Mr. PM. If you have any rum left you should try this recipe...

Recipe For Christmas Rum Cake

Ingredients:

• 1 or 2 qts. of rum
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1/8 tsp. sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 cup dried fruit
  • baking powder
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • lemon juice
  • brown sugar
  • nuts
Directions:

1. Before you start, sample the rum to check for quality.
  2. Select a large mixing bowl, measuring cup, etc. Check the rum again. It must be just right! To be sure the rum is of the highest quality, pour 1 level cup of rum into a glass and drink it as fast as you can. Repeat.
  3. With an electric mixer, beat butter in large fluffy bowl. Add 1 seaspoon of thugar and beat again. Meanshile, it’s important to make sure the rum is of the finest quality—try another cup.
  4. Open the second quart of rum if necessary. Add 1 arge leggs, 2 cups of fried druits and beat till high.
  5. If the druits get stuck in the beats, just pru it loose with a drewscriver. Sample the rum again for cinscistincy.
  6. Next, sift 3 cups of salt and feffer (it really doesn’t matter). Sample the wum again.
  7. Sift 1 pint of lemon goose, add 1 bablespoon of brown thugar, of whatever color tou can find. Mix well. Grease oven, turn cake pan to 350 greeds.
  8. Noe, pour the whole mess sinto the boven and ake. Check the crum again and go to bed.

Wish you better luck with it than I had with mine. Do not get it anywhere near salt water!

Ted

I was interested in fuel storage and use. Pulled this off Lehr's website:

15492-albums680-picture4918.png

Jim

I was very happy with the fuel consumption. Have 2 of the 17 pound composite tanks. Used them on the outboard and the gas grill. Went through 3 tanks in 8 months between the outboard and the grill doing the Great Loop. Nice to be able to shine a light through the tank and see the remaining liquid. Most stations won't fill composite propane tanks (thankfully, you only need to find one). Carburetors are junk Chinese quality. Replaced 2 in 2 years. No rebuild kits for engines smaller than 20 HP. :mad:

Ted

Greetings,
Mr. PM. If you have any rum left you should try this recipe...

Recipe For Christmas Rum Cake

Ingredients:

• 1 or 2 qts. of rum
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1/8 tsp. sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 cup dried fruit
  • baking powder
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • lemon juice
  • brown sugar
  • nuts
Directions:

1. Before you start, sample the rum to check for quality.
  2. Select a large mixing bowl, measuring cup, etc. Check the rum again. It must be just right! To be sure the rum is of the highest quality, pour 1 level cup of rum into a glass and drink it as fast as you can. Repeat.
  3. With an electric mixer, beat butter in large fluffy bowl. Add 1 seaspoon of thugar and beat again. Meanshile, it’s important to make sure the rum is of the finest quality—try another cup.
  4. Open the second quart of rum if necessary. Add 1 arge leggs, 2 cups of fried druits and beat till high.
  5. If the druits get stuck in the beats, just pru it loose with a drewscriver. Sample the rum again for cinscistincy.
  6. Next, sift 3 cups of salt and feffer (it really doesn’t matter). Sample the wum again.
  7. Sift 1 pint of lemon goose, add 1 bablespoon of brown thugar, of whatever color tou can find. Mix well. Grease oven, turn cake pan to 350 greeds.
  8. Noe, pour the whole mess sinto the boven and ake. Check the crum again and go to bed.
My mom would make these cakes and attach this recipe to every cake . She was soo much fun . I miss her everyday.

Wish you better luck with it than I had with mine. Do not get it anywhere near salt water!

Ted
At this point we’re only planning on the Tennessee and Cumberland rivers.

Had the little 2.5 hp one as well, ran very well, fuel stats seem right on, liked it a lot, only had it 6 months till I sold the trawler though.

William,
Merry Christmas, and great for you! Hopefully it will bring you a lot of fun on those KY TN waters.

Sure enjoyed seeing you on our recent trip thru. Would be fun to spend the whole summer in your area.... really neat place.

Well she runs good .

Attachments

• 1DE65C1D-BDD4-4C25-98E8-82CE242BB6E1.jpg
    1DE65C1D-BDD4-4C25-98E8-82CE242BB6E1.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 71
This doesn’t happen very often for us but it did yesterday. We were at my uncles house for a Christmas party last night .
My uncle just recently sold his sailboat and isn’t going back to boating. He had this brand new dinghy motor that he had just listed on Craig s list . The rum was flowing just right and he mentioned how disgusted he was with the crappy calls from the add . A little later and a lot more rum and wayla this Lehr 2.5 is mine for FREE?. Should work perfect on our Trinka 10 footer.

Congrats! :dance:

:thumb: Gotta love a great deal like that! Hope she treats you well!

Doesn't get a whole lot better than FREE...!!

Well now that's a hell of a deal. Are you taking applications for new cousins?

It pushes us along just fine.

Attachments

• 5332B90B-FBB0-4128-959B-3D8B38211516.jpeg
    5332B90B-FBB0-4128-959B-3D8B38211516.jpeg
    79.3 KB · Views: 52

Love me some Trinka! My smaller one, carried for a few thousand miles, was the LSB Leakey. (It was an anthropological Christening.)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom