• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

We want a boat ! floating condo trawler type or?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greatlakes

Vessel Name
Ready Oar Knot
Hello all, new here, but not to boating.
Our mission is to acquire a well kept non fixer upper 36+ trawler type floating condo. Plan to keep the boat for a couple years and hopefully move up.

We have a 14 year old daughter homeschooled, and I want her to have privacy, so a double cabin is required, diesels, and a large salon with plenty of light is preferred. I like the Hatteras 42 double cabin, Mainship , Carver 39, and classic lines of many Trawlers. We want a "name brand" boat that can be sold in the future.... Were really not brand picky or too specific we just like nice things...

I want to take it to either Stuart Florida area, or Tampa, not afraid to move it from where you have it now....but of course needs to make financial sense.

I have cash and also a very quality built restomod Bel-Air, and thought most boat guys are car guys , maybe a trade could work, at least for the down payment as I can add $$ .....however we do have a budget so 'm looking in the 120k type range or less if a nice example of a boat can be found , my car cost 140k to build but we will of course be taking a haircut here....Yes it has a chopped top and suicide doors,air conditioning too....the best of the best...

Were just fishin....but serious buyers or traders...let me know if this is of any interest, and any sharing thioughts you may have..:Thanx:

Attachments

• 747 (6).jpg
    747 (6).jpg
    176 KB · Views: 218
  • 747 (19).jpg
    747 (19).jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 217
  • 747 (10).jpg
    747 (10).jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 218
  • 747 (12).jpg
    747 (12).jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 225
  • 747 (18).jpg
    747 (18).jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 223
  • 1328 (2).jpg
    1328 (2).jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 213
  • 1328 (8).jpg
    1328 (8).jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 210
  • 1328 (12).jpg
    1328 (12).jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 227
  • 747 (7).jpg
    747 (7).jpg
    89 KB · Views: 219
Beautiful car. I can’t believe you would part with it. Good luck in your search.

Thank you, it is a truly well built car, however I have to consolodate some hobbies, have several cars, airplane and boats......want to spend some time with my last kid, at the dock, in the ditch or wherever we can sneak off too....

Sweet ride. You shouldn't have any problems finding something nice with your budget range. Good luck with your hunt. Trades are usually a little tough but who knows, just got to find the right guy.

Beautiful car, good luck in your search.

We could railroad this in to a boater's car thread.

Here is my wife's pride and joy

Attachments

• Carbs done 009.jpg
    Carbs done 009.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 174
Pretty small condo if you plan on actually living aboard.

Just a few days at a time, plan to fly in, hang for a bit and fly out...maybe when i retire we can think about living aboard longer, hence the mention we move up later...

Beautiful car, good luck in your search.

We could railroad this in to a boater's car thread.

Here is my wife's pride and joy

We could do that , since your an AMC guy I'll share a couple pics of my AMC Javelin big bad green, and my one of one 1969 Playmate Pink AMX with the factory 390, An:D

Attachments

• Green SST.jpg
    Green SST.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 114
  • 69 Amx 2.jpg
    69 Amx 2.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 109
  • driver side.jpg
    driver side.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 113
Greetings,
Had one of these, back in the day. Still drive Jeeps.

th

NOPE. NOT mine but a sister ship. Alas, just a 6 banger (258) but strong like bull.

Very cool, I have seen only a few other big bad colored cars but the pink is definitely a one of a kind. I have a 1974 javelin that I had some custom stripes painted on in big bad red and orange. I'm sorry to say I have a full garage of other projects I just haven't made myself go out and finish. :banghead: I may get to them in retirement years.

I like yours too RT.

Greatlakes, on the Bel-Air, it looks like the passenger side has an oversized suicide door - is that right? Beautiful car, and looks like some fantastic workmanship.

Regarding boats, I would suggest an aft cabin boat. Two staterooms, two heads, lots of indoor and outdoor space.

Personally, with a budget of 120K I would be looking at a Carver 406, like this one.

Alas, as my budget is considerably smaller, I am currently crushing on the Carver 356, likely with twin gassers.

Jim

Greatlakes, on the Bel-Air, it looks like the passenger side has an oversized suicide door - is that right? Beautiful car, and looks like some fantastic workmanship.

Yes the car does have suicide doors and chopped top. The work is well done the paint is flawless , and shes as pretty underneath as she is on top...
Great Car for someone to love...I just need to get rid of a few toys so i can get another....thanks

Regarding boats, I would suggest an aft cabin boat. Two staterooms, two heads, lots of indoor and outdoor space.

Personally, with a budget of 120K I would be looking at a Carver 406, like this one.

Alas, as my budget is considerably smaller, I am currently crushing on the Carver 356, likely with twin gassers.

Jim

Thanks JLD I do like the Carver line, I'm really open to many different makes and styles , so hopefully we find the perfect match, not really in too much of a hurry as we have a nice place to stay aground in Fl. and a boat in St. Petes Beach to play around with, but can pull the trigger when we are comfortable with our choice.

From your name... where are you on the Great Lakes?

From your name... where are you on the Great Lakes?

Hello,

I lived on Lake St. Clair on the Michigan side for 20+ years, left over name from my Lake Superior and Great Lakes Cruising, I now live on a "great" fresh water lake in upstate South Carolina know as Lake Keowee.....

Cool! I was a pacific boater for 17 years, for the last 20 have been a Great Lakes boater. South Carolina is nice.

Playmate Pink AMX

Wifey B: I thought that was Pepto Bismol Pink. :rofl: I didn't know there was a Playmate Pink color and I'm not about to ask any more about it and how it got named. :nonono::nonono::nonono:

Just teasin', above, both cars are very pretty. :)

The beauty of most trawlers is that the salon windows are low providing clear views to the outside from your seat. The Carvers that we looked at have a sunk salon and the windows are too high up that made my wife seasick.
Something to consider if you want to use the boat as a live-aboard.

I recommend the Grand asks 36 or 42. Two staterooms and two separate full heads make for a perfect layout for what you are considering. We have a GB 36 and basically use it the way you intend.

I have a 1995 3950 aft cabin sundeck Cruisers for sale. Twin diesels Cats. Twin births/heads. It is listed in the classified on here. It is on www.yachtworld.com also. Boat name is Leave Um Nuthin. Located at Fort Pierce City Marina in Florida. Pm me if ya want more info. It is plenty below your price. My wife,dog and myself live aboard. Did I mention the very nice size galley?

Last edited:
Cool! I was a pacific boater for 17 years, for the last 20 have been a Great Lakes boater. South Carolina is nice.

Seamoose, where are you on the Great Lakes? We sailed on Eastern Lake Ontario out of Sacketts Harbor for years.
Vickie aka Gouchergal

If you are interested, we have a 1990 45’ Aquarius will be loooking at selling it for 125k
Contact me by email for additional information
Henry
hfmckevitt@gmail.com

Welcome, GreatLakes. I'm not to far from you in Spartanburg. Nice BelAire. I've had my hand in a few of those recreations. So many ways to go with those cars. I moved on from cars and aero planes to motorcycles. When I can ride, I usually end up passing through your area.

Good luck with the search. Don't rule out a boat in our great lakes areas of SC. Boats can be moved. If timed right, and the right mover, it can be done with not much out of pocket as one may think. :thumb:

Wifey B: I thought that was Pepto Bismol Pink. :rofl: I didn't know there was a Playmate Pink color and I'm not about to ask any more about it and how it got named. :nonono::nonono::nonono:

Just teasin', above, both cars are very pretty. :)

Playmate pink derived its name from Hugh Hefner and Playboy as they gave the playmate of the year a pink car, and one year they gave a pink boat forget the year or what boat it was......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom