Fresh Water Pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ImaBoat

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Slow Mo
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 36 Classic
Hi all-

I have a 1991 Grand Banks 36 Classic that still has it's original GROCO Paragon Junior fresh water pump. I don't want to tempt fate so I am looking for a replacement other than another Junior @ approximately $2, 000.

Thanks!

Stew

Might consider having it rebuilt. Believe another member did that recently.

Ted

Thanks Ted-

The rebuild kit is around $500 and you still have a 27 y/o electric motor. So I'm weighing the options...

Thanks again!

Stew

If you can limit the use of showers while the dishwasher or washing machine is operating a Sure Flow should work fine.

We install the deck wash pump, same pump head but 2x larger motor,and plenty of pressure.

Last edited:
Hi all-

I have a 1991 Grand Banks 36 Classic that still has it's original GROCO Paragon Junior fresh water pump. I don't want to tempt fate so I am looking for a replacement other than another Junior @ approximately $2, 000.

Thanks!

Stew

Two years ago I replaced my 12 year old $175 Jabsco 40 psi pump with a new identical one. If you have a Groco pressure tank you could take this route. Two showers, 2 heads, 3 sinks, washer, two outside faucets, ice maker and an ER outlet - no problem.

I replaced the original pump on our '91 GB with a Shurflo pump. Worked fine, I did need to adjust the pressure down as it blew some of the old Quest joints. Blamed that on the pipes not the pump.

I had the PSR senior for years and it’s a great pump, but when it failed last year, I told some advice from a professional captain and got the Headhunter Mach something. No regrets, quiet and great performance.

Yes. Looks like a great pump but a quick Google search shows the price to be over $1,500

The OP already owns one and the repair kit only costs thirty bucks. Seems like it would be worth fixing.

One of the best pumps out there. I bought a second as a spare and put rebuild kits in the existing pump and the spare too. Pretty easy rebuild and not $500. Lots of people don’t know what they are, so finding used units for forever parts is easy and cheap.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom