Happy Winter Solstice!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Alaskan Sea-Duction
Vessel Make
1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
Is this a pagan holiday? Who knows. What I do know is we will start gaining daylight tomorrow!!! Yee Haw. Time to start planning Alaska 2019!!:thumb:

HAPPY WINTER SOLSTICE!!

Yippee! Always a celebration here in the mountains (though the kid is an avid skiier)

Heathen's Greetings FB_IMG_1545017423710.jpeg

Is this a pagan holiday?

I'm Pre-Pagan :D

I bet even Neanderthal's noticed when mid day cave shadows stopped stretching towards the back of the cave and started marching towards the cave entrance again :thumb: :thumb:

Us northern hemisphere types can enjoy longer days!!

It will be nice to get a bit more daylight. I wish we were not on daylight savings time here in Michigan.

You know, Tom, that years ago on the winter solstice, the Druids would congregate at Stonehenge and consume mass quantities of mead. They did this because Alaska Amber hadn't been invented! It's always nice when the days start getting longer and the planning starts to return to Alaska.

You know, Tom, that years ago on the winter solstice, the Druids would congregate at Stonehenge and consume mass quantities of mead. They did this because Alaska Amber hadn't been invented! It's always nice when the days start getting longer and the planning starts to return to Alaska.

We do need to meet up somewhere and fix this issue.:thumb:

So if you look at the picture below, the channel runs due West. The sun is setting on the left. On March 21st the sun sets right over the middle of the slough as it moves North.

Attachments

• IMG_3519.jpg
    IMG_3519.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 29
As I understand it, as you get closer to the equator the days with regards to daylight are more consistent through out the year and it’s significantly warmer, Ill let you know if this is in fact true.

As I understand it, as you get closer to the equator the days with regards to daylight are more consistent through out the year and it’s significantly warmer, Ill let you know if this is in fact true.

LOL I look forward to the updates my friend.

Back
Top Bottom