Bahamas Pet Permit Now Online

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Capt Scotty

Vessel Name
Cleodora
Vessel Make
63 Viking CPMY
Every year I go to the Bahamas and have to get pet permits and it has always been a hassle. You need to get an international money order and if do not Fedex the paper work it will most likely get lost. In 2014 it only took 6 weeks, every year since then it has taken 2 to 3 months and I had to call and fax proof of payment 2 out of 4 years.

Last week when I searched Bahamas pet import a website came up and had great reviews so I tried it, payed with Paypal and had my permits in 5 days!!

This enterprising individual saw a need for this service and now walks the paperwork down and emails it back to you. Here is the website.

https://www.bahamaspetpermit.com/?g...lb2gbYGSID3EBaituKrb5mYL_jsph3ghoCgfQQAvD_BwE

The Bahamas pet permit thing is a bureaucratic scam to raise money, not control pet entry. Has anyone ever been challenged to show their pet permit. And if so and you didn't have one, what were the consequences.

Customs and immigration never asked for mine and when I showed it to them they dismissed it.

David

Just to be clear, that is a private site from a local who will get your application on line and walk it over to get approval. Then email you the approval.

For an additional $35.

Last edited:
Actually they email it to you not snail mail. The $35 per pet charge for me was well worth it and I did not have to pay for international Fedex and worry if the permit would be back in time for my trip.

I have no affiliation with this individual, just like the no hassle to get a permit. For the hours I spent on the phone and trying to find someone who could send international Fax to prove I payed was well worth it for me. Staples, Office Depot, and my Marina where not able to fax my proof internationally.

Of the 5 times we’ve applied for a permit for one of our dogs, once the permit lost in the mail (Photoshop was our friend). Twice we’ve been asked if there was a pet on board and once the permit was attached to our cruising permit. We do know personally a couple who had to go to Nassau to find a vet to sign off on their dog when they cleared into the Bahamas with out a permit. When we arrived in Mayaguana, I had to ask to for them to stamp the dog’s permit. I got this why look but they did. I was concerned we’d be questioned further north but it never happened.

We’ve avoided some x Commonweath countries because of outdate regulations concerning pets and rabies. Trinidad has a don’t ask, don’t tell rule about dogs. They tell you the pet has to be confined to the boat, wink, wink. They know the law is out dated but it’s on the books.

It’s can be a hassle but it’s worth taking the mutt along.

Attachments

• 068F2D6C-3F8B-4BDC-8403-57AD99F20FD2.jpg
    068F2D6C-3F8B-4BDC-8403-57AD99F20FD2.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 57
I Just cleared in at West End this morning with a dog. I used the new Bahamaspetpermit.com service. Got my permit in a few days. While clearing in I was asked if I had a pet (I think this is the first time I have been asked in probably 50 entries) I said yes and produced the permit. Easy peasy. Customs stamped the permit and my vaccination record.

Yep. I've got 7 trips planned for 2019 so far and Wellington is going to be well worth it.

Hats off to the person behind this, sounds like you can eliminate a PITA for $35.

Back
Top Bottom