Pilot 30 II Aft Lifting Sling Location

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fred024

I do not have this boat at this time but was curious about the recommended aft lifting sling location. This hull is somewhat unusual in that there is a longer bottom shoe than most with little shoe to hull support. The manual says there are sling tags on the gunwale. Does the recommended location put the aft sling forward enough where it is off of the unsupported shoe?

thanks,
Fred

From the manual:

"Place slings where indicated by the sling tags on the gunwale. Proper location of the aft sling is critical.[FONT=&quot] Lifting aft of the station indicated may damage the propeller shaft. Lifting forward of the station indicated, with the sling under the exhaust outlets, may cause cracking which is not covered by the warranty. Blocks or pads at the chine corners will help keep pressure to a minimum at this point."[/FONT]

The rear sling tag on my 2003 will place the sling about a foot forward of where the bronze shoe meets the fiberglass keel.

regards Holty

Thanks Holty,

That's good, it just looked like a lot of shoe space there. I suppose that improves the water available to the prop.

Fred
I'm not intimately familiar w/ the MS Pilots but can say when I bought my MS 34HT the factory indicated location for the aft slings was not optimal.
When my home yard (prior MS dealer) handled the boat they repositioned the sling location markers.
MS had mine too far aft and the sling was actually up on the shoe enough to make us all a little nervous. They repositioned it to at or just fwd of the fwd end of the shoe.

This falls haul out

Photo Nov 04, 3 09 24 PM.jpg

IMG_1586.jpg

Back
Top Bottom