Sources for brass fittings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Seevee

Guru
Vessel Make
430 Mainship
Looking for a good supplier for brass fittings,

Like this one with a check valve:

Attachments

• check-valve.jpg
    check-valve.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 50
Groco has many fittings and check valves but would be bronze instead of brass.

Yikes, that's a pretty unique fitting.
I always go to supplyhouse. Their ground shipping gets to me in a day and their prices are the best.

Brass is ok for potable water or heater fittings but for salt water you need bronze.

What is the check-valve for?

Isn't that a fitting that is part of the Whale (or generic 15mm) plumbing system? It looks like a stem adapter with check valve. For example this one.

Try your local Ace hardware store. They have always been my first go to place for brass fittings.
After that McMaster-Carr.

In most situations brass does just fine if not constantly immersed in sea water.

Brass water valves as seacocks ,BIG no! Brass in a lifting bilge pump,or deck bait well sure.

Dezincifaction takes a longtime to occur.

Isn't that a fitting that is part of the Whale (or generic 15mm) plumbing system? It looks like a stem adapter with check valve. For example this one.

That's EXACTLY it! Wow, what a group, and yes, it's off a Whale hot water heater. Heck, Whale couldn't even tell me where to get this!

Bronze or brass fittings can be found on ebay. A smaller selection on Amazon. Also several suppliers and foundries are online.

Be careful what they sell as bronze, a lot of places call brass fittings bronze.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom