Galley Counter Top

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GMB

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Joy Shared
Vessel Make
Gulfstar 44 Motor Cruiser
I'm contemplating replacing the galley counter and bar top on our boat with stone. I plan to remove the plywood top and replace with 2 cm granite. I would use wood supports where the bar top cantilevers into the salon area. I hoped to reuse the existing fiddles to replicate the original look.

Our boat is a 1980 GS44 Motor Cruiser with galley down. I'd like hear from anyone with experience removing the plywood top of the galley counter and/or the bar top in a similar vintage Gulfstar. Past in-process project photos would be outstanding!

Not a Gulfstar but I don't see that there would be any difference. New galley with 1" black granite with dark blue streaks, undermount sink and hidden lighting. The undermount sink is a bigger bonus than we expected and we no longer worry about putting hot pots on the counter..

Attachments

• 0od new.jpg
    0od new.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
...New galley with 1" black granite with dark blue streaks, ....

Nice clean install. You deftly accommodated the intrusion of the side deck above the counter.

Looks like you opted to butt up to the stove as opposed to removing it and dropping it on top of the granite. Aside from ease of execution, was there any other motivation to go that way?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom