Open in a new window

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Any chance consideration could be given to change the settings on the site to "open in a new window" for each new page.* I am going nuts having to reopen the website everytime I change pages...I can't remember to click "back".
confuse.gif

I'm not sure I am following you. You want a new window every time you change pages? You may end up with 67 pages open at one time and lose your way? I guess I am not understanding you.

I guess I never got used to the back feature and almost always right click on a link to open in a new window...that saves having to reload the original window an hundred times while surfing.* Just close the window you are done with and the previous one is still there.
Here is one I can't understand....when I go to a*subject like pictures of your boat or bow pictures...when you click on the picture and are finished looking...you hit back...you do not go back to the same subject..you go back to the main forum listings again and have to reopen the bow subject again.
I suppose I will get used to it but it seems weird and awkward to maneuver.
This is not a complaint...just a queery.
confused.gif

PS.* Could you tell me where the speel check is?

No spell check.

And when you are done viewing a picture, just (left) click anywhere on the pic and you will be back on the page you started....don't use the back button.

Hope that helps.

No problema!

John/Doug:

How about a "Voyaging Only" thread for those of us who already own or don't have to fix our boats. For those of us who want to read about life away from the slip. Or maybe we could call it "How I cheated death". I love reading about other "Voyagers" no matter how long or short the trip.

The forum is great for day to day problems and remedies but in all honesty, it seems to cater to the DIY crowd. Do you realize how many of us have boats newer than 10 years old?

( Watch the fur fly now!)

I almost feel guilty talking about actually going boating because many are in a part of the country that it is out of season or I/we just seem to be in the minority of folks that actually use their boats. But I do know what you are getting at. Maybe we could call it "Storytelling" or "War Stories". I'll get with Doug. He has been outta town and been busy so he really hasn't been on here all week....

PS...just because your boat is new(mine too) doesn't mean it is problem free...
smile.gif

John---

Perhaps adding a "Cruising Experiences" category in the Cruising and Events forum would satisfy SeaHorse II's suggestion, which by the way I think is a good one.

Bob:* It's "fur fly"* not "Furfly"* (LOL)* It's kinda* a nice way of saying "Watch the s---t hit the fan now"* BTW I really like your boat!
smile.gif

SeaHorse II wrote:

Bob:* It's "fur fly"* not "Furfly"* (LOL)* It's kinda* a nice way of saying "Watch the s---t hit the fan now"* BTW I really like your boat!
smile.gif
I thought you Californians had a new kinda fly over there similar to our Green Head bitting bas**** over here on the right coast.
biggrin.gif

I really like your boat too...wanna trade some weekend when I get over that way?

SeaHorse II wrote:

John/Doug:

How about a "Voyaging Only" thread for those of us who already own or don't have to fix our boats. For those of us who want to read about life away from the slip. Or maybe we could call it "How I cheated death". I love reading about other "Voyagers" no matter how long or short the trip.

The forum is great for day to day problems and remedies but in all honesty, it seems to cater to the DIY crowd. Do you realize how many of us have boats newer than 10 years old?

( Watch the fur fly now!)
SeaHorse!* I hope that you didn't offend the Gods of the Sea!* If they heard what I just think you said you're in for a failed water pump, at the least!
wink.gif

I'll start a new forum right now. Great idea.* Keep 'em coming!
smile.gif

E-mail notification for entire topic / group rather than a single thread

Hey, what about adding the capability to get e-mail notification for, e.g., "Halvorsen Designs" rather then a single thread within?* Granted, this might be a bad idea for an active group, but it'd be handy for less active ones.* Plus, your notifcation stream wouldn't drop to nil once your subscribed threads trailed off and new ones sprung up.

A spell checker would be nice, too.

What about just a new board entitled "Cruising Experiences", or "Time on the Water".

And Walt, some of us with older boats are not so damn fussy, and don't spend any more time than necessary working on the things - we like to get out there too. But I think you're onto something, there are some very anal people who own boats out there - only they aren't out there - they are up on the hard.....always finding something to obsess over.

jethrobd wrote:

Hey, what about adding the capability to get e-mail notification for, e.g., "Halvorsen Designs" rather then a single thread within?* Granted, this might be a bad idea for an active group, but it'd be handy for less active ones.* Plus, your notifcation stream wouldn't drop to nil once your subscribed threads trailed off and new ones sprung up.

A spell checker would be nice, too.
Not sure I am totally following you here but you can check a box at the bottom of the "reply page" that says something like "email me when there are responses to this topic".

....AND.....what is wrong with "Voyaging and other Boaters on the go"????

-- Edited by Baker on Thursday 25th of March 2010 10:21:30 PM

Baker wrote:

....AND.....what is wrong with "Voyaging and other Boaters on the go"????

-- Edited by Baker on Thursday 25th of March 2010 10:21:30 PM
Well....actually nothing, Baker....maybe the 'war stories' descripto thing sort of puts some off - disguises the intent a bit?* Maybe a rework of the preamble to leave that bit out?
How about "Voyaging and other Boaters on the go - stories from those using their boat rather than working on it."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom