• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

Wanted: Liveaboard Trawler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fritzisafritz

I am looking for a trawler in the 40-50ft range to be used as a liveaboard.

It must have a diesel. *Ideally it would be a Nordhavn 46' *but that is a bit out of budget. *

Let me know if you have something like this for sale.

I am getting more serious about selling my 44 Thompson. PM me if your are interested.

I know of a great deal in the 55' range a steel trawler that has been through the Panama 3 times. Reason for sale is sad the owners wife became ill and died while enroute to the Pacific.

Email me or call if you want more info.

Gerald

Attachments

• 2004 yachtsmiths 55 004.jpg
    2004 yachtsmiths 55 004.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 189
gwkiwi wrote:
I know of a great deal in the 55' range a steel trawler that has been through the Panama 3 times. Reason for sale is sad the owners wife became ill and died while enroute to the Pacific.

Email me or call if you want more info.

Gerald
wow that is a world cruiser right there.* I'm glad the couple got some cruising in (assuming they were the ones who transitted the canal three times)*before the wife passed away.

Hi

I have a 53 Hatteras motor yacht I set up as a livaboard older boat but solid. Low engine and gen hrs.

Can be run like a trawler of faster if you want*very econonical for size*.

Major rework 2004, change of plans boat is now for sale. Just lowered the price by 60k since spring.

If intrested email me at draco1507@hotmail.com

Carl

Maverick wrote:
Are you still looking?* If so, you might seriously consider our trawler.* It is perfect for living aboard - and we have dropped the price from $449,000 to $275,000.* It's worth taking a look anyway.* http://www.shipshapesystems.com/MaverickForSale.html

Regards,

Heidi
*Heidi, all I can say is....WOW!!!! *What a fine ship Maverick is!!!!

Thank you!* We gave 15 years of our lives away to rebuild and most of our money.* Never expected to need to sell.* ... hurts like hell to lower it so low but there you go - life must go on!

They are practically giving away big Hatteras

-- Edited by Max Simmons on Tuesday 17th of January 2012 05:50:11 PM

Holy Smokes. That may be the most desirable PNW boat I've ever seen. That boat is a work of art, and one that I'd have pursued if my life were in the PNW. Truly, I wish you guys the best of fortunes, cuz I don't think I've seen a better value. She's so deep that we just couldn't manage it here in FL. At our dock, she'd be sitting on here skegs (albeit safely). *If it were mine, I'd name it "Beyond Awesome".

-- Edited by healhustler on Tuesday 17th of January 2012 07:11:45 PM

There was an article in Passagemaker on this boat a while back.Larry

It must have a diesel. *Ideally it would be a Nordhavn 46' *but that is a bit out of budget. *

Why would you want a boat with ocean crossing blue water ability, to sit aground in your coffe grounds living aboard?

The cramped space , loss of storage due to big tankage , and the usual 300% higher price (for offshore construction) , just to be able to strut the dock?

One of the old Hatt motor yachts (or similar) will be far better as a home afloat, and far easier to sell when the time comes.

Lots more folks have $25K to $75K than $750K.

FF

I have a 1980, 47' Sea Ranger, pilothouse trawler in San diego, $94,500.00 just refited and painted.
www.searanger47.com
Kurt 480-948-7053

I've lived aboard my Defever 38 tri-cabin for 4 years, and plans with the family have forced a move back to shore. We remodeled the interior to make it a comfortable home- especially the master stateroom and the bathroom and split shower. The boat is now for sale (located in Biloxi, MS)

If this size boat interests you, let me know and I'll send you pictures and more information.

Attachments

• DSCN0215.jpg
    DSCN0215.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 163
  • DSCN0242.jpg
    DSCN0242.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 154
  • DSCN0246.jpg
    DSCN0246.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 139
  • DSCN0250.jpg
    DSCN0250.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 158
Great live-aboard 1980 47' C&L Sea Ranger, pilothouse-trawler, she is in San Diego,...but will deliver for fuel cost!
She is priced well below all the comp's in her class. Ready for sea!!! $94,500.00. Check out yachtworld.com for proof of value. The season is upon us!
Any interested party please call Kurt 480-948-7053 Home Page
New fuel tanks, all upgrades, etc.. I warrant everything to work, except wife!
We are right across from the airport in San Diego and can pick u up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom