Jabsco's Hidden Gem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

toocoys

Guru
Why they don't put big, blinking, neon lights around this product at the marine store I'll never know.

The aft head on our boat has the standard discharge valve, which means it has to be manhandles into submission because it has to go down, then back up in a very very cramped area.

As I'm watching pump rebuild videos, I ran across this little thing. A stupid, overly simple, 90 degree angle discharge port!!!!! The answer to all my stupid little leak problems.

Part 37077-1000

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 521
Why they don't put big, blinking, neon lights around this product at the marine store I'll never know.

'Cuz 90 degree discharge fittings are available from every toilet mfr and they don't all use the same bolt/screw size or pattern.

--Peggie

take it a step further and make a QD (quick disconnect)........

I don't think so...'cuz about the only times you'd remove the discharge fitting from the toilet pump would be to replace the joker valve...and since the flange on the joker is the gasket that seals the fitting to the pump, I can't see how you could use a quick connect fitting there.

--Peggie

For folks with the bestitis disease the local farm store will have magnificent SS fittings used to pump milk or OJ into trucks etc.

Not as expensive as you would think, there are lots of farms.

Greetings,
Mr. FF. Wouldn't plastic, of some sort, be better than SS whilst in contact with sewage?

'Cuz 90 degree discharge fittings are available from every toilet mfr and they don't all use the same bolt/screw size or pattern.

--Peggie

Yes I know, but West Marine doesn't even carry them. Especially for these older style toilets. I had to find out about them through a Xylem instructional video where they Xylem employee actually stated it was a bit of a "hidden gem!"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom