Oil cooler source

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gordon J

Guru
Vessel Name
Didi Mau
Vessel Make
Currently looking for next boat
I am looking to change the oil cooler on my stabilizers. I have the old part number, but am told by the manufacturer there will be a long lead time. Can some one put me in touch with a source for these that they have used on the past?

Thanks Gordon

Google the part numbers. Also check with Sen-Dure, Champ, etc as there is a fair chance a HX mfr built them originally.

If cooler is on the return to the tank, pressure is very low and you can use basically anything that has the right size and fittings. Not a lot of heat load.

Thanks Ski. Checked with Sen-dure. Long lead time. Googled parts and can get it through Go2Marine, but was hoping for a cheaper source.

Gordon

Gordon,

Try Lenco. I got a replacement cooler for my Westerbeke 12.5KW from them, they have a wide array of products, they were most helpful on the phone.

Try a local hydraulic shop, especially if you are in an area with a lot of commercial boats (Hampton if that's where you are, certainly should).

Is yours salt water cooled or on the fresh water side? Make sure you qualify that. My Naiads on my boat were salt water.

I just ordered 2 transmission coolers. They were shipped same day from:
http://www.seakamp.com/

I did not order them directly from them but they appear to have a wide selection of various sizes.

Try a plate cooler?

Back
Top Bottom