fryedaze
Guru

City: Solomons Island Md
Vessel Name: Fryedaze
Vessel Model: MC 42 (Overseas Co) Monk 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by RT Firefly View Post
Greetings,
Mr. ASD. I've got exactly the same on our small boat. The strip has fuzz on one edge and a rigid strip of plastic on the opposite edge. That rigid strip of plastic has fit into the groove in the extrusion. The ONLY way I found was to grind the overhanging lips on the extrusion (top and bottom) for a short distance (1" or so) so the rigid plastic will slide into the groove. There may be a short section overhanging lip already removed...near a drain possibly?

The remaining track must be scrupulously clean to allow the new strip to slide in. I had a fair amount of corrosion (aluminum track) that was the devil to clean out to allow the schlegel to slide readily the whole length of the window.
RT has the fix. We changed ours during a window replacement caused by my big ads going through the windows. I think the fuzzy stuff is called Wool Pile. Search the forum for Wool Pile. My tracks had a perpendicular slot to insert the plastic backing. If you don't have the slot you could cut one with a drumel.
fryedaze is offline   Reply With Quote