What is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ftbinc

Vessel Name
Oma
Vessel Make
Kadey Krogan\Manatee
Hi All:
Time to play "What is this black thing?"

This connector has a hose from the pump out side of the holding tank. The white hose is going to the over board bellows pump the Other black hose connected next to the white hose goes to the pump put deck fitting. I have not idea what the purpose of this black connector box is for.

I am replacing all my sanitation hoses. If this is necessary, I might want to replace it as well.

I have pictures of both sides of the same thing the red arrow is the object in question

Thanks

Last edited:
Pictures

Do you want to share the photos with us?

Any Hints?

Pi40REz

When you post scroll down to the manage attachments button. Then it is pretty straight forward. Select choose a file and then push upload.

Greetings,
Mr. Ft. Sounds like it might be your holding tank vent line with a charcoal filter on it. Or not...

Just saw the pic. Haven't a clue.

Last edited:
Here it is.

Attachments

• F4A336A5-09F1-460D-9DD3-F3A021827AA6.jpeg
    F4A336A5-09F1-460D-9DD3-F3A021827AA6.jpeg
    41.7 KB · Views: 295
  • 4DC8D209-5AD0-4586-A234-7AF71542F6F5.jpeg
    4DC8D209-5AD0-4586-A234-7AF71542F6F5.jpeg
    28.4 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
Larry - any reason I can't load pictures myself?

Greetings,
Mr. Ft. You give me too much credit. I'm usually first in on the "guessing" and as a result I simply seem to know what I'm talking about.

I can’t say I have ever seen anything like it. Does the black handle turn? Maybe a shutoff...

Sounds and looks like a Y Valve.so you can choose hand diaphram pump out overboard or deck pump out.

It’s a wye valve. Select a flow path. Deck pump out or overboard.

HiDHO:
If I could get to it easily, I would have seen if the lever actually moves, but it is above the holding tank, behind the gen set. (The overboard pump is along side the genset) Not an easy place to get to. (The direct overboard connect has been disconnected in the Head.)

Paul

Sounds and looks like a Y Valve.so you can choose hand diaphram pump out overboard or deck pump out.

I really can't get to the handle easily - it is behind the Genset, above the holding tank.

I can’t say I have ever seen anything like it. Does the black handle turn? Maybe a shutoff...

Greeting,
Mr. Ft. Yup, I think others have nailed it. Some sort of Y or diverter valve. It seems overly cluttered and complicated to me although there may be good reason for it's configuration.

I would suggest a complete analysis of exactly what the device does and IF found to be useful, replicated in your new system (perhaps with necessary valves in a more accessible location). Really tight quarters as well.

On the other hand, Waste hoses to tank, deck fitting to tank and vent works as well.

Definitely a "Y" valve.
Maybe an extra choice of where your overboard discharge line is sucking from? I have that choice, with that same brand "Y" valve, so I am able to use the Holding Tank pumpout to suck from the bilge, through a strainer. An extra bilge pump, for those very bad days when there are never too many pumps.

There are 2 "Y" valves on my Albin for using the head. The first directs the flow to either the holding tank, or overboard. The second (pictured) directs the flow from the holding tank either overboard or to the deck pumpout. You don't need to close the thru hull as this does that when turned to the deck pump out position.

Northern Spy nailed it. It is an older design that I don’t think they make anymore.

If you are crawling around in there, might as well change your white waste hose too.
You wont have to worry about it for another 10 years, at least

Back
Top Bottom