Goodbye Petaluma.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ancora

Guru
Just watched a video of the last boat to leave Petaluma YC and head for another place to dock to due the lack of water under the boat. The whole river is silted up with no funds to have it dredged. Right now Oceanside Harbor is being dredged thanks to the presence of the USMC who use the harbor. Semper Fi!

Sad news, a fun day trip or overnight. It's not actually a river, but a tidal slough... no matter/

For the local TF members, how far up is it navigable now?

I need to tap into the Bay Area boat world. My boat will be here in two days and will spend a few months on the hard before looking for a permanent live aboard slip. What’s the best way to connect with the locals?

I’ve read recently that dredging might occur by June 2019. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I sure hope they dredge the river. It was a fun place to go. I used to run my 25' Skipjack up to the Petaluma Harbor when I had an office in Petaluma. When I bring my trawler down to SF from Canada I'd like to make that run again. Now that I'm drawing 4.5' I'm going to have to check with the locals before making the trip.

I'll keep my fingers crossed too!

Sad news, a fun day trip or overnight. It's not actually a river, but a tidal slough... no matter/

For the local TF members, how far up is it navigable now?

You are correct. It must be a slough because it stops in Petaluma. Is the Napa River also a slough? I've never been up it but plan on it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom