1982 MT DC forward Shylight?????????????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

geoleo

??Been think about the teak/glass "Skylight" on the and above the forward cabin on my boat!! Then today as I was working on the lower Flybridge skirt-- it hit me!!!!!! GET RID OF IT!!!!!!!!!!! Close it off flush-no hatch! :flowers::banghead: PS anyone done this???

Greetings,
Mr. g. Why? Is it leaking? I completely removed our similar hatch, refurbished it and re-installed. NOT a terribly complicated process. GREAT for airflow forward.

Clutters the foredeck- nowhere to sit and gaze. I know they look funky and cool.

Its last on the 'list' maybe I could sell it- it (like most of the boat when I got it) needs refinishing.

Greetings,
Mr. g. "...needs refinishing."

200.gif

I don't have or know your boat, but I wouldn't consider removing my forward hatch because it provides airflow while underway and at anchor (with a breeze in the anchorage), not to mention an escape hatch from the berthing areas. My forward hatch doesn't currently leak, but it does need some work to bring it back to 'like-new' condition - like most things on my boat.

Its going tomorrow - Ive bought replacement flush hatch -a vetus 18X18 stop thread

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom