Foggy day in San Francisco today!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Speedy Charlotte
Vessel Make
Beneteau Swift Trawler 44
Went out of the estuary today and hit a wall of fog. This photo was taken a few hundred feet away from the Bay Bridge. Saw it on radar and plotter obviously, but kept wondering whether it would actually appear in front of my eyes!
IMG_3165.jpg

IMG_3170.jpg You can see the fog belt in the Bay at the end of the estuary.

I well remember entering the gate, in dense fog, from offshore in the days before chart plotters. I couldn't see the GG bridge as I went under it but the foghorn right above let me know where it was.

I well remember entering the gate, in dense fog, from offshore in the days before chart plotters. I couldn't see the GG bridge as I went under it but the foghorn right above let me know where it was.

That fog horn had me crapping my pants leaving SF Bay in very dense fog. We had lots of small boats dashing all around, and I had our fog horn running. But I kept hearing this gigantic fog horn getting closer and closer, yet nothing but the bridge on the radar. I finally figured out what it was, but still couldn't find it noted on my charts, though I'm sure it's there somewhere, if not in the Coast Pilot.

Anyway, I was very happy to be clear of it, and the fog lifted as we got out into more open water.

There was the day when Willie Mays hit an infield pop-up, but the fog was so dense nobody could find the ball until after Mays was standing on third.

Well I guess that fog is better than the snow we are getting today.

Back
Top Bottom