SHARP MICROWAVE OVEN r-1810a

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AJH

i HAVE JUST PURCHASED A 1989 CALIFORNIAN THAT HAS A SHARP MICROWAVE OVEN. WAS WORKING PERFECTLY UNTIL RECENTLY. THE UNIT SHUTS DOWN AS SOON AS THE ROTATE STARTS. THE POWER THEN RESETS BUT HAVE THE SAME ISSUE WHEN HITTING THE START BUTTON ON THE KEY PAD. ANYONE HAVE THE SAME ISSUE? WHAT WAS THE FIX?

Greetings,
Mr./Ms. AJH. Welcome aboard. Microwave ovens are relatively inexpensive. Might be easier and more cost effective to replace it.

Failing that, Google the make and model # and/or try u-tube for repair videos of that specific model. I just did a very quick search and there is a lot of information on line.

Must be a pretty old unit. Sharp doesn't list it any longer in their service dept bulletin. That's an inexpensive brand, measure it up and go to Lowes, HomeDepot or Walmart and replace it. The smaller oven are around $130 and will last for years.

Reactions: AJH
Welcome aboard. I would also buy a new unit.

Yes i agree on a new unit. I think it's the original from 1989 so its time for a new one!!

And while shopping, give preference to units that are both microwave and convection.

Sharp's R820 would have been an example (although it's likely 10 years newer and also since discontinued).

-Chris

Welcome. I replaced my GE unit last year. The old unit had a back plate that the oven was attached too. It also has a hood for the stove.

From what I can tell most ovens are standard size, 30" wide. However there is a bar on the back bottom, then you swing the top of the oven into the hole. Then there are 4 bolts that come in from the top that screws into the top of the oven. Some "extra" engineering had to take place.

There are several micro switches that monitor the door for safety. I suspect one of them is touchy and breaks the circuit. Not an expert but fixed several microwaves. Usually just a matter of tracing circuits. Parts usually online.

The micro switch is the same switch as in the front of many diaphragm water pumps. Why so many pumps have pressure problems. Switch is made for AC micro amps not DC amps. Contacts pit and either don't make contact or fuse together. Same make switch and number on the switch body as microwave switch.

Why all caps?

There are several micro switches that monitor the door for safety. I suspect one of them is touchy and breaks the circuit. Not an expert but fixed several microwaves. Usually just a matter of tracing circuits. Parts usually online.

The micro switch is the same switch as in the front of many diaphragm water pumps. Why so many pumps have pressure problems. Switch is made for AC micro amps not DC amps. Contacts pit and either don't make contact or fuse together. Same make switch and number on the switch body as microwave switch.

Why all caps?

Thanks for the info but decided that because the microwave is almost 30 years old it's time for a new one.

Thanks for the info but decided that because the microwave is almost 30 years old it's time for a new one.

Back
Top Bottom