1,000 Post Guru

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

firstbase

Guru
Vessel Name
Black Eyed Susan
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 42' Classic
So I am noticing that this my 1,000 post on here. A Guru. Um, ok. Taking an honest look at my Guru efforts I find:

Of the 1,000 posts about 300 of them concern "The Burgee" although others have told me it seems like a lot more. Many more.

Of the 700 remaining, 500 were useless drivel outside "The Burgee" thread(s). Usually a silly response to an animated GIF or meme.

Of the 200 remaining posts 198 were me asking actual questions about my boat to which I got good, helpful, knowledgeable, replies. Thanks to those that did.

That leaves 2 posts that prove out my "Guru" status. In one post I offered up the wonderful suggestion that a guy get a survey before he buys a used boat. The other one was suggesting video editing software to someone asking for ideas.

That's it. Some Guru. I appreciate everyone putting up with me!

I have been wondering how one becomes a "guru".

So I just need to post, add my two cents, one cent, go for free!
Drivel and drool
And perhaps one day if I am lucky, bored, have enough time to respond to all posts (whether I know what Im talking about or not); I can aspire to "guru".

So I am challenged. Wohoo....something to do as winter begins to think about coming.

Tim

But honestly, I so enjoy and learn so much from this forum; guru or not, I like the information and laughter.
Thank you.

Of the 1,000 posts about 300 of them concern "The Burgee" although others have told me it seems like a lot more. Many more.
Hal
and the 300 doesn't even include the many, many, many PMs & emails re the Burgee :facepalm:
"Now look at the mess you've got me in Ollie!"

You are a guru, but you are THE burgee guru. Trawlers? Eh.

Just givin' you hard time, congrats.

Congratulations!
And now the Burgee Guru also. You set a very high bar. ;)

Ted

I don't have 1,000 posts and I am a "Guru". Did I sneak in under the bar? When I retire in a few years I am shooting for Master/Commander status and will buy one of those little Captains hats with scrambled eggs to mark the occassion.

Guru is something like an expert and you probably know the definition.
X a math unknown, and spurt, a drip of water under pressure.
Some unknown drip under pressure.

Congratulations, you’re on a roll .

I think guru kicks in at 500 posts.

Believe you are correct if not sooner. I guess I worded it poorly. The 1,000 post just was a bench mark but not necessary for the Guru moniker.

As you can see I am off to 2,000 much like I got to 1,000.

Believe you are correct if not sooner. I guess I worded it poorly. The 1,000 post just was a bench mark but not necessary for the Guru moniker.

As you can see I am off to 2,000 much like I got to 1,000.

Well you would be surprised how quickly it arrives.

I believe the guru status is for posts not boat advice. After 1000 post I am sure you are a guru at managing posts, pictures, attachments, PM’s, and other forum behavior. Looking forward to your next 1000 posts.��

guru (n.)

1806, gooroo, from Hindi guru "teacher, priest," from Sanskrit guru-s "one to be honored, teacher," from guru- "venerable, worthy of honor," literally "heavy, weighty," from PIE root *gwere- (1) "heavy." Generalized sense of "mentor" is from 1940 (in H.G. Wells); sense of "expert in something" first recorded c. 1966 in Canadian English in reference to Marshall McLuhan.

200w.gif

I don't have 1,000 posts and I am a "Guru". Did I sneak in under the bar? When I retire in a few years I am shooting for Master/Commander status and will buy one of those little Captains hats with scrambled eggs to mark the occassion.

Yeah! I want the Master and Commander status too! Lol. Or maybe El Coquistador. Or maybe Village Idiot.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom