Video edit software advice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FlyWright

Guru
Site Team
Vessel Name
FlyWright
Vessel Make
1977 Marshall Californian 34 LRC
Giggitoni and I recently were out on San Pablo Bay on our way home from Sausalito and he practiced with his drone. We have raw footage that needs editing and music.

Does anyone have recommendations of free video editing software and/or music files that work well?

Al, if you are on a MAc, IMovie is free, easy to learn, and produces great results. For music, check out the free audio library on YouTube. Be careful with any purchased music if you post your vids on the web. Complicated subject, just make sure the music is allowable for use.

Last edited:
Use Windows Movie Maker. Then go to the Free Music Archive web site and select your music. Just make sure to add a credit sequence at the end of your video and follow the Free Music Archive directions on how to give credit.

You can download Shotcut for free and use it for editing and then get music from YouTube free also. Not hard to learn how, just a little time. You can learn how by watching youtube videos on it.

Adobe Photoshop Elements has both photo and video editing programs. More robust than the free programs and not too hard to learn. Costs a little though, I think $99. Good stuff though.

PC, Mac, Linux

If you're looking for something beyond the usual home computer programs, there is a professional video editing program by Blackmagic Design that can be downloaded and used for free. They sell many products for video capture, etc., and panels that make adjusting video with the software easier. I suppose the software free use is to attract sales for their other products.
A demo on Youtube:
Download here: Support Center | Blackmagic Design

Back
Top Bottom