View Single Post
Old 11-17-2018, 12:58 AM   #9
Sailor of Fortune
Guru

City: St Augustine,Fl
Quote:
Originally Posted by olsurfer View Post
I know 6 knots is slow as snot but I'm okay with only burning 1/4 gal an hour and a cruising range of 1500 miles. Being able to trailer the Allweather is a huge plus. Just not sure how deep the launch ramp needs to be to get it on and off the trailer. The interior size is spartan (no shower) and small but since my wife has passed away, I'm sailing solo these days. The thing that appeals to me the most about this little boat is it's ability to handle rough conditions. Yes, it will probably roll the cream out of your coffee, but look at how many are up in Alaska used as a fishing platform.

The pricing for these boats has been all over the map, if you can find one for sale. I've seen the Allweather listed on the Allweather web page but with the boat market being soft, I'm wondering about their list price.
Any and all opinions welcomed!!!
Thanks
Although they are trailerable, it wouldn't be launched from a boat ramp. They are made to be picked up off of the trailer by travel lift or equivalent according to the late Homer Hughes (builder).