trip from Panama, Boca Del Toro to Guatamala, Rio Dulce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the SPOT - a great way to a share the adventure.

GoldenDawn wrote:
Thanks for the SPOT - a great way to a share the adventure.
*Agree John.. to bad there isn't a short message service one-way relay ( maybe there is *) that can be broadcasted with that system.*

Just called the app up on the iPad.. I guess there is a SMS capiablitlity.. cool

Elwin*

-- Edited by Ocean Breeze NL on Friday 6th of January 2012 09:32:11 AM

quick update we are sitting in san andreas with a few boat issues getting resolved but detroits ran great for 34 hours to san andreas 8'-10 foot head seas entire way. chip , capt dave did great and we arrived safely with some new parts stabilizers back working, generator back on line, batteries doing better and leaving in few hours. probably another 30 hours north thru head seas which are rough on me but after we turn west we should have following seas and getting smaller as we near coast. chips son Austin joined us as well so we waited for him and on weather which i was thankful for. 4 on board now so hopefully arrive 9 or 10th of jan in livingston, rio ducle..

Cool, glad things are going well Perry.. Just a reminder, don't forget to take some pictures to post later!

Elwin*

I see the boys are moving along quite well.. things must be going okay for them...

Elwin*

Hoodah! we're here! what ride and Bill was hollering my name as went by Bruno's. We're at Mar's Marina. Have to fuel and get into the correct slip. Have hundreds of pics but going to take a bit. First wifi for a week.

Stay in touch Bill we have to hook up.

short update - Bill came over to the marina and we got to meet and have a short chat. Hope to hook up with him later. Fueled the boat. 840=/- gallons of fuel. the 4-53's burned just under 4 gallons an hour each. purred all the way. used around a gallon of oil each. we stopped engines one at a time every 12 hours and checked oil . I will try to get some pictures up soon.
Another friend from another forum is picking us up in his boat tonight and we're headed to Mario's for all you can eat tacos.
I can't say enough about how gracious the locals have been from Panama to the Colombian island of San Andreas to Guatemala.
Everyone helped in every way. I am a bit surprised but very impressed. I will be back.
Perry has been great and I think the trip went well.

Great time with Perry and Chip. Chip continues to be my first choice of mate on any trip offshore.

Perry has a project to bring Island Spirit up to her potential, but the framework is there. I hope she turns out to be everything he wishes.

"Capt Dave" *grin*

Here is a link to my face book page with 174 pictures of trip.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.256405387762601.60804.100001794267289&type=3

friend me Perry Campbell (palmetto, Fl or perryotisspunkmeyer@yahoo.com) to find me and check out pictures. *I have tried uploading before and even after resizeing a few it took a while to upload and I never could get past photo's on. *I was able to get my avatar uploaded but gave up on other photos. *I hope this is ok and not bad edicate on a forum site.

Great pictures Perry.. you gotta be proud... Looked like so much fun. Great Team you had helping you. Memories you will never forget.

Elwin*

Admittedly I am not a facebook guy, but I have tried for over a week to get the pictures.* I even tried to claim to be my son, a facebook user,. but I get the message that the the photo's are unavailable.* Any secrets to success offered?* I know that Chip is an outstanding 'can do' guy from the help he offered me last summer when I was bringing my new to me boat up the flooding Mississippi river.* Although we never had the oportunity to meet, he provided the the inspiration that got my generator running again in the heat of a hot June.* My 84 y.o. Father really appreciated the operational again air conditioning

Are the photos available?* Or is it just a case of dumb requester?

That is wierd cause the link works, the pictures are all there and it isn't a facebook setting that is keeping you from viewing them. Do you at least get to the facebook page itself and then can't see the pictures? I checked though Facebook settings and never saw anything there that would keep you from viewing them unless Perry placed a block on you which I don't think is the case.

Elwin*

The FB link worked fine for me.*

Great photos of a cool adventure, Perry.* Thanks for taking us along.* I bet folks are going to be lined up to volunteer for the next leg!

That would be great and I would love to meet more folks from this forum. Chip was awesome and I am sure we will be friends for years to come. *I sincerely hope he will come back in June along with his wife while I am there. Chip has an OPEN invitiation to stay on the boat and use her while she is there in the Rio (anywhere else for that matter). *I hope to do another trip with him maybe to Belize or Roatan this summer. *But in two or three years when I bring boat home via Turks & Caico's and up thru the rest of the Bahama's and then over to Florida keys & up to Tampa Bay I hope Chip will be able to make it for that trip (or others from the forum). *Overall it was a great experience and boy did I learn a lot and look forward to more open Blue Water Voyages. *Unfortunately it cost it*cost a lot more to get Island Spirit to Guatemala than I had projected :) dam boats, and I may have to spread out the work more now to cover 2 or 3 seasons of my Cash Flow. *The wife is just not understanding about dumping $100k all at once in her. *She doesn't have our priorities quite right, my idea is Boat first then Kids then school then food on table is how I see it. *Oh yes somewhere in there is mortgage and other useless payments. *Imagine She doesn't even have boat in the TOP 10 of Priorities in our lives? *Hum, she is obviously the frugal one in our family and I am the "Spender" *:) * *

-- Edited by Otisguy on Wednesday 25th of January 2012 04:25:58 PM

Maybe t's just me?*** here's the text I get in the error box.
<h2 class="uiHeaderTitle"><em class="uiHeaderImage img sp_7iqywk sx_fa7db8">[/i]This content is currently unavailable</h2>

The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.
<ul class="uiList mtm uiListBulleted"><li class="uiListVerticalItemBorder">Return home
[/list]
BTSOM

Hey it worked for me and usually nothing computer wise works for me.

Man oh Man, I would have loved to have made that trip. Looks like a blast.Larryw

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom