View Single Post
Old 11-14-2018, 12:42 PM   #25
Willcocon

City: Scottsdale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerh View Post
Yes like most Taiwanese trawlers it does have some blisters. l have the yard take care of them at bottom paint time. Superficial but still stay after them.
Engine rooms are large and full stand up. Inboard side has great access. The outboard side can be a little tight but very doable. Front and rear good access.
Inside teak parkay flooring throughout, and teak woodwork throughout. Craftsmanship is beautiful.
I have full wiring prints. Stock comes with 2 8D start/engine batteries without an inverter. I added an inverter and 3 4D house batteries. The 8Ds I use for start only.
I also added a hydraulic swim platform that is the dinghy's home.
Replaced all hoses. Look back in this thread, that can be a bear.
Also a lot of normal maintenance items that had been waiting for almost 30 years.
I have looked for other boats and always come back to the one we have. It really is the perfect boat for us.[emoji1]
Thanks again Rogerh;
I've a few more questions for you?
How often do you bottom paint your, assumed salt water boat?
My plans would have me in the fresh waters of the Great Lakes with seasonal hauling out of the boat for winter. Hoping to get 2 - 3 years out of a bottom paint job.
Does your radar arch fold down? The Jeff I'm looking at does fold but it would need clear the Chicago bridge which is 19'.
Thanks in advance
Willcocon
Willcocon is offline   Reply With Quote