Bacchus
TF Site Team

City: Seneca Lake NY
Vessel Name: Bacchus
Vessel Model: MS 34 HT Trawler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom.B View Post
Good stuff. Thanks.
I wonder if there is a way to discover the fiberglass thickness of a hull section WITHOUT drilling thru it? Any ideas?
Tom
If you pull the cover on your elec inlet you will get an indication on thkness but not exact.
No matter where you put them I'd recommend the Pop Up cleats - very neat and they eliminate the hang-up issue mentioned... funny the odds must not be as high as we think - we had a guy reach and fall catching his belt on a cleat at the stern. Ended up hanging upside down at stern w/ engines running - his wife froze.

Do you have access to the transom area? I had a similar situation and looked for a way to get stern cleats down low. I ended up only able to get one on the stbd side but that was the area of concern for boarding from floating docks. I'll attach a pic.

Pop-up Cleats The Attwoods are very nice and you can get a SS backing plate to match the holes - recommend the backer Pl.

Mounting low to the swim deck like the pic works very well if you can get access behind the stern to place a backer & tighten the nuts. Mine was solid FG near waterline - cored above so it worked well - if not you can do the oversize fill & redrill approach. Lines not a tripper easy to step on or over them
Attached Thumbnails
2015-06-21 001 006.jpg  
Bacchus is offline   Reply With Quote