View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 07:15 AM   #53
RickB
Scraping Paint

City: Fort Lauderdale
Vessel Model: CHB 48 Zodiac YL 4.2
RE: Our "new" boat

Quote:
ksanders wrote:*1. Determine if there are problems (other than the photo I supplied) with Bayliner yachts that I should be aware of as an owner.
2. Determine your knowledge and varacity regarding Bayliner boats.*

I have no* knowledge of problems specific to Bayliners that are not shared by other production boats.

There are very few problems specific to any one brand of boat. Bayliner has earned its reputation the same way*as GB and Nordhavn or CHB. I am not responsible for that and I did not start a thread to trash Bayliners. As a matter of fact my mention of them along with Broward was the first time for either to the best of my recollection.

The photo you posted shows an example of*substandard construction. I pointed out why*that is so and posted a photo showing*high quality construction.*That is simply reality, it is not editorializing or picking on a particular brand.

But, since the issue seems to be such a touchy one, here is the bottom line. Many people have stressed the point that Bayliners are fitted with the same equipment as other more expensive boats yet sell for far less. That means the profit is made by economy of construction and that is clearly shown in your photograph.
RickB is offline   Reply With Quote